By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Horror games suggestions.

I am in the mood for a good horror game.  I have played several in my gaming existence, and now I am looking for something different.   I own an original Xbox, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360 and PS3, so I am covered for most of your suggestions. 

I tried Fatal Frame I and II, but did not have a chance to play the third one.  I also just downloaded the demo from SIren Blood Curse and would like impressions from those of you who tried it.  From the demo, I like the atmosphere, but the graphics are so grainy that it's hard to see very well.  And since this game is not cheap, I would like your input before buying it.  On the Wii, I own Cursed Mountain and tried out Calling.  On the PS2, I played Clocktower 3 and Silent Hill 2-3 and the Room.

I want to be freaked out.  And apart from SIlent Hil 2, it has not happened.  Thank you fellow gamers.

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

Around the Network

Do you mean Obscure?
Dead Space seems to be a good choice. I am now playing the second one. It's good, disturbing but not scary.

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

Try this for real horror.

Resident Evil 1-3 on the PS Store, those games are very dated but they are absolute masterpieces.

I wasnt scared since SH2-3. Maybe SH Downpour can change that. Sometimes I wish I could design SH, people would freak. I will buy the Collection and Downpour everything else I have no hope that it scares me. DS although better then Homecoming is more like the older Resident Evil and less like Silent Hill was. Resident Evil this gen is more like... well, bright and happy. Like Vacation in Africa.

Around the Network

For real survival horror, watch this and try not to kill yourself:

badgenome said:

For real survival horror, watch this and try not to kill yourself:

Lol. Ok this is indeed survival horror more then 3 Minutes almost unbearable. Sadly no game but an excersise to strengthen your will power. To endure this for 30 Minutes without drugs is hard.

Siren: Blood Curse seemed good, though I haven't played that much of it.

Silent Hill: Homecoming was better than the reviews made it look for me, though the graphics are quite shit at times, and it's not that scary.

Oh, and the original SH is probably the scariest, even with the shit graphics. SH2 is better in any other way, but 1 is probably scarier (from what I remember).

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Somebody mentioned Obscure for the Wii. Do not trust that person. They are not your friend. I own Obscure and that is a horrible shell of a broken game.

I can't think of many games that scared me this gen, to be honest. Alan Wake started off incredibly scary but soon turned predictable. It needed better pacing. I guess I would recommend the first Condemned game for 360. It was pretty well done. There was that one PSN game that I tried. I planned to buy it but I never did. Can't remember the name of it, now. Anybody?

You own a Wii, eh? Might I recommend Resident Evil 1? I tried it a few months ago (kid is a fan of RE4 and RE5 and found my Gamecube copy) and it was terrifying. Of course, once you start getting weapons, that fear goes away. Still, that first few hours is pure gold!