By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 owners that have headsets

Leave your PSN ID if you have a headset. whether its usb (better i think) or bluetooth.

Whenever im in warhawk rainbow or tekken hardly any people seem to talk. Headsets cost about 25 quid and you can use them with your pc also.

Microsoft were right on when they released one with every 360. The online community ALL have mics and nearly all use them. Gears rainbow halo cod4 all these games i have no problem communicating. Without voicechat in games you might as well be playing against the computer except for the skill differences.

Ynwa.

Around the Network

i have a headset
psn is in my sig
keep getting logged out everytime i enter a chatroom tho...

Consoles I own: Dreamcast, PSP

I also have a mic.
Check my sig.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

I have a headset. PSN ID: makingmusic

Though my ps3 is currently unoperable. :(

I have a headset but it hardly works. It works fine for Rainbow Six Vegas, but not for Call of Duty 4 (which I play more often). Its pretty gay. Sony should release a mic with each PS3.

Around the Network
xomaniac said:
i have a headset
psn is in my sig

That could be because your NAT type is 3. If you're internet connection to your PS3 is through a router, you should try to open some ports and that could fix that problem. That happened to me last week when I forgot to change the settings on my router. I either mess with my router or just connect the PS3 directly to the modem depending on if people are home or not. 

IllegalPaladin said:
xomaniac said:
i have a headset
psn is in my sig

That could be because your NAT type is 3. If you're internet connection to your PS3 is through a router, you should try to open some ports and that could fix that problem. That happened to me last week when I forgot to change the settings on my router. I either mess with my router or just connect the PS3 directly to the modem depending on if people are home or not.

how do i open more ports?
im on windows

Consoles I own: Dreamcast, PSP

Do you have a router? You'd have to connect to your router (try looking at the router's documentation) and then you'd have to find the correct ports to open. It's rather difficult to really say since routers and their software will be different. I guess try doing a google search for your router model and how to open ports on it.

I'm mic'ed up and ready to go. I dont understand people online Playing games like Rainbox six or CoD4 and no mic. Sometimes people have them off in lobbies and turn them on inside the game. I do this often in R6 and during intermission on CoD4. Speak up and ask in game, I think more people might have a mic then you are thinking. Or are you trying to talk to people frequently and getting no response? If its any concilation, most all games allow all players to hear you , mic or no mic. So tell them how dumb they are to have $500 console but not a $25 mic, I know i do if I feel its hurting my team.

coolest - your mic a USB or Blue Tooth? Mine is bluetooth and works great. I had to replace the first blue tooth I bought off ebay , it turned out to be counterfeit! using a genuine Jabra model now and not a single problem with any game.