By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Obama announces end of Iraq war, troops to return home by year end

Obama finally living up to the promise he made before he was president. About damn time.

Around the Network

"Iraqi leaders have adamantly refused to give U.S. troops immunity from prosecution in Iraqi courts, and the Americans have refused to stay without it."

This is the main reason why they are leaving. I am glad Iraq didn't grant immunity so we can get the fuck out.  I wish they would have went further a year or two ago and just kicked our troops out.

I still remember watching the war start thinking lets get out now. 9 years later most of the country finally agrees.

There was still a war in Iraq?

You are about a year late, Obama.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
fordy said:
Kasz216 said:
fordy said:
Fox News headline: Thousands of soldiers and defense contractors to lose jobs, thanks to Obama.

Actually it'd be thanks to Bush.  This falls right in line with the Bush timeline i believe.

Point 1, it was a joke, and point 2, do you REALLY believe Fox News would pin this on Bush even if it WAS his fault?

I wouldn't expect them to pin it on anyone.  Instead present it as the war being won by Bush policies.

spurgeonryan said:
Bush policies! What did Bush do the entire time he was in office? Herbert Hoover came into office just a few months before the stock market crashed, Obama came into office right in the middle of The Bush's mess. But Herbert was named the worst president of all time, because he was the president during this time. Obama gets a lot of flack, and he is in the same situation. But unlike Hoover Obama has stopped a war that was started on lies and oil. Obama has done a lot of things that has helped. Just like Hoover successor became an instant star, maybe Obama's successor will as well! Of course they would have some big shoes to fill, to keep up with the four term president, Malaria survivor, Depression crusher, War winner, etc.
Wait a second....Obama has already some of this. Iraq war done, Recession crusher (sort of), etc.

So thank you Obama! The war cost billions of dollars a month, kills Americans, and we should not have been there in the first place! So not only have you stopped the unwarranted, but successful war, but you are again helping us with our money problems! Reducing military spending by stopping the Iraq war totally for us, VA benefits, Soldier extra pay, etc.

If the person after Obama is the second coming of FDR then the US is REALLY screwed, as i doubt there will suddenly be massive new free trade

Which is what actually got us outta the Great Depression.

I can see an Obama/Bush comparison though if the Bush narrative was differnet.

People like to paint Herbert Hoover in modern times as someone who stood around watching Rome burn around him... when the Truth was, he raised government spending and did more stimulus work then any president prior.... it just gets lost in the massiveness of the FDR stimulus.

Currently though, the fact that Bush ran up worthless debt and stimulus debt is used to defend the fact that Obama has done it much worse.

It's a war you should have never been in the first place. It crippled your economy and made the world resent you...thank god for Obama

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Kasz216 said:

If the person after Obama is the second coming of FDR then the US is REALLY screwed, as i doubt there will suddenly be massive new free trade

Which is what actually got us outta the Great Depression.

Free trade isn't the reason why US finally got out of the Great Depression.  WW2 was the main reason why the US recovered fully.  The hiring of a mass workforce for military projects.  The same can be pretty much said for Germany before WW2 (besides declaring all debt null from WW1, etc..)

spurgeonryan said:
Bush policies! What did Bush do the entire time he was in office? Herbert Hoover came into office just a few months before the stock market crashed, Obama came into office right in the middle of The Bush's mess. But Herbert was named the worst president of all time, because he was the president during this time. Obama gets a lot of flack, and he is in the same situation. But unlike Hoover Obama has stopped a war that was started on lies and oil. Obama has done a lot of things that has helped. Just like Hoover successor became an instant star, maybe Obama's successor will as well! Of course they would have some big shoes to fill, to keep up with the four term president, Malaria survivor, Depression crusher, War winner, etc.
Wait a second....Obama has already some of this. Iraq war done, Recession crusher (sort of), etc.

So thank you Obama! The war cost billions of dollars a month, kills Americans, and we should not have been there in the first place! So not only have you stopped the unwarranted, but successful war, but you are again helping us with our money problems! Reducing military spending by stopping the Iraq war totally for us, VA benefits, Soldier extra pay, etc.

Lol, man I had a good laugh at this.  This was a joke post, right?