By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How did Sony manage to lose the exclusivity of the Monster Hunter portable series?

Tagged games:

It was never exclusive

Around the Network

Nice, first Sony loses the DQ series to Nintendo's systems, and now they lose the next main game in the MH series to the 3DS.

Sony... looks like that deal you made with the devil back in 1995 is coming back to haunt you!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

dont know how they managed that but it was definatly the biggest software loss in their handheld-history...

its like Pokemon releasing on Vita and not Nintendo handhelds anymore...

Sony didn't lose it - Capcom decided to gamble it will sell even more on 3DS. Whether this will work out we'll have to wait and see.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

It's not surprising. They learned how to lose all their home console exclusives with the PS3, so it's only natural that they are now leveraging that experience to do the same on the handheld side of their business.

Around the Network

Wii= alot of money for Nintendo
NDS=alot of money for Nintedno

So Nintendo have alot of money to buy easy buy MH exklusivly.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

I think Nintendo offered to pay for the marketing and even publish it in the west

If Monhunter is exclusive to 3ds, then Moneyhat ofc. PSP is by far the strongest in Japan, so they would want to reduce the potency of its successor, and try to regain a lot of lost hype.

However, Nintendo didn't moneyhat them, I have a sneaking suspicion Capcom will have something big for the PS Vita after the launch of Mon Hunt 3gs with either:

A. Announcement that a Mon Hunt cannon title (like 4) will be coming to Vita
B.Or Mon Hunt MMO (Monster Hunter Frontier online) or something like that coming to Vita

Also have a feeling that Capcom will try to revive Lost Planet on the VIta, so I'll be looking forward to that as well.

Capcom knew that developing for the 3ds would give them pretty big sales and a cheap cost since they will be allowed to use much if the same assets

A2B24R246 said:
If Monhunter is exclusive to 3ds, then Moneyhat ofc. PSP is by far the strongest in Japan, so they would want to reduce the potency of its successor, and try to regain a lot of lost hype.

However, Nintendo didn't moneyhat them, I have a sneaking suspicion Capcom will have something big for the PS Vita after the launch of Mon Hunt 3gs with either:

A. Announcement that a Mon Hunt cannon title (like 4) will be coming to Vita
B.Or Mon Hunt MMO (Monster Hunter Frontier online) or something like that coming to Vita

Also have a feeling that Capcom will try to revive Lost Planet on the VIta, so I'll be looking forward to that as well.

Did you know that Capcom already announced MH4 for 3DS already? - - - When people asked Sony how come they didn't annouce it for VITA as well (at TGS) they replied something like "I don't know. You will have to ask Capcom"