By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas 15th October Up!

Pretty different numbers after NPD.

I used to trust this site for sales numbers, but it's becoming clear to me that the numbers can be (and often are) constantly off. And not a little off, way off the supposed margin of error.

I guess it's better to think of this site as a site to easily keep track of sales according to NPD, MC and Famitsu, and Sony, MS, Ninty quarterly numbers. The site adds the numbers and we can discuss those overall results, but when it comes to VGC's own weekly numbers, they're pretty weak. They're weak even after weekly adjustments, let alone the first ones we're given.

Anyway, I'm gonna keep pretending the numbers are about right and commenting them, or much of the fun of this site will be gone.

I'm happy PS3 was undertracked, should be no.1 again this week unless the EMEAA X360 boost for Forza is really big.

3DS not doing too hot, contrary to what we thought.

X360 doing insane numbers considering there was no price cut.

Wii... we need to see what the holiday boost does to it.

No comment on others.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

Damn Forza opened pretty low.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

The_Joker_Product said:
Myrmi said:
The_Joker_Product said:
Myrmi said:
The_Joker_Product said:
jugon21 said:

Week Ending 08th Oct 2011

WII XBOX 360 PS3
BEFORE 88,376,050 56,546,401 53,479,932
NOW  88,376,050  56,603,263  53,555,446
Adjustements  0  +56,862 +75,514

Wasnt the Xbox supposed to be undertracked by 26,000 and PS3 by 100,000......

LOL? is that suppose to be the adjustment from last month?

Oh yeah i guess it was, but the gap between the 2 hasnt decreased by 74,000 like it was supposed to be.

SO they increase the console who is less undertracked more and the console who is heavily undertracked less? XD

It looks that way.

are you 2 playing comic dialogues?

GT5 sold 5,498 in America this week... almost 50% up compared to last week.

:PS3 weekly sales go from 55k to over 65k after adjustments... 10k up every week after the price cut.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
GT5 sold 5,498 in America this week... almost 50% up compared to last week.

Woo....

I keep getting this feeling that the Wii is playing Rope a dope and any week now is just going to explode off the ropes and sell crazy again.

kowenicki said:
yo_john117 said:
Areym said:
What....just happened? o_o
360>PS3>3DS?

Seriously, what happened?

What's so surprising about the 360 being ahead of the PS3 in America?

OT: F4 has a worse start off than I was hoping for.

yeah seems a bit odd to me, I'll wait for NPD's view.

It did a better launch than F3, it had less hype than it from T10 and MS, it's the third iteration of its franchise in the same gen, its predecessor had heavy bundling for BF and Xmas 2010, so the wait for another big racer on XB360 is actually just 10 months long, and racers aren't Americans' favourite genre, finally F4 is the best seller of the week anyway in America, given all this I'd say it did very well.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

3DS: It DOESN'T print money

RolStoppable said:
kowenicki said:
Forza deserves better... damn you US!

The bigger story here is that Sesame Street bombed.

Another core (Tim Schafer) Kinect game that's bombed.