By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Uncharted 3 metacritic score! What will it be?

Tagged games:

What metacritic score will Uncharted 3 get? (By december)

Below 85 12 2.06%

85-90 15 2.57%

91 12 2.06%

92 24 4.12%

93 31 5.32%

94 56 9.61%

95 84 14.41%

96 68 11.66%

97 97 16.64%

98! 184 31.56%

Total:583

93+

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

94 or 95.

hoping for 96 and above because I was not crazy about the 2nd one that got what 95? so yeah...

Higher than Lair.

93-ish

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

94, but only because its on ps3 and therefore many reviews will underrate it (like many other ps3 exclusives this year)

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

> 91

spurgeonryan said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
spurgeonryan said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
spurgeonryan said:
I want to say 95 or higher. Batman had a lot of high scores, but places like gamestop and some others gave it a 9! At least I think they did, I added the reviews here so I should remember. So if critics like it as much as batman, there are still going to be the few who bring the score down a bit.

Yup, Batmans metacritic is at 98 right now, but they've only added 10 critic scores, it'll average out soon enough :P probably go down to around 95

I did the PS3 and 360 (which has more) so that is probably why I thought there were more. But yeah the PS3 will get a bunch more and do what you said. Maybe? :)

We'll see. Maybe we'll get another Ocarina of time 64 score! xD kidding, that'll never happen. 

I would say that would happen with the new Zelda, but i am afraid some will not like the motion control being forced on them like that.

I dunno man, you think it could get 99/100? 

x_DMX_x said:
Aldro said:
x_DMX_x said:
Aldro said:
x_DMX_x said:
Well coming off of almost Naughty Dogs greatest year and all those awards for Uncharted 2.It got 96 on Metacritic right?So judging by that its going to be 96+ on metacritic.I doubt it will be lower because that would just mean the game was worse than its predecessor.

Its not that simple. Any game that has 2-4 points lower than its predecessor is MOST times the better game. To think UC3 will top UC2s insane high score is ..not going to happen. Gears 3 scored 1 pt lower than Gears 2 which scored one point lower than Gears 1. Forza 4 and 3 same applies. If you are a meta whore like myself you will know that by todays standards, if a game is to recieve 2-4 pts lower than its predecessor, it is better. LBP was revolutionary in 08 with 95 meta and most GOTY awards. LBP2 3 years later got 92. Its the first game but a lot more basically. If Un3 gets at the very least 92, itll be considerd a success and solid sequel. If it manages to do what it did in 09, that is left to be seen.

You may be right but I hope you know that Uncahrted 2 is different from all those games.Has Gears won any GOTY awards?What about Forza no.Usualy if a game won GOTY by alot of reviewers most likely they will rate the sequal higher.Look at Uncharted 1 for example it was good but not on Uncharted 2's level.Then Uncahrted 2 got better and so on.So what im saying is Uncharted can only get better.Even if Uncahrted 3 gets a 95 I can honestly say Uncahrted 2 is the best SINGLE PLAYER game ive played this generation yes meaning better single player than any Xbox360 exclusive and PS3 exclusive.

Gears of War 1 won plenty of GOTY awards in 2006 ;D.

Ok you got me.It may have won a couple of GOTY awards but, here is the real question did it reach the amazing success that Uncahrted 2 did?No it did not so really comparing the two games which I just did isnt the answer.What im trying to say is Uncahrted 2 is different from those games because it won ALOT more.

Some would say that UC2 had no competition in 2009.

It was the only game that scored ..91-92+?

:P, I hear you man, I agree. But don't get your hopes that high ;(

It will be less than Uncharted 2 because "there won't be enough of a step up from Uncharted 2" according to too many reviewers. And those self same reviewers will give MW3 a 9.5.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix