By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo WiiU is not a next-generation system!

nightsurge said:
usrevenge said:
really... its like 10% more powerful then the 360... of course its not next gen.

With the rumored Wii U specs, it's much more powerful than that. It's actually closer to probably 200-400% more powerful.

Ram - 512mb (360); 2-4GB (Wii U)
GPU - shared w ram (360); 1-2GB (Wii U)
CPU - 3 core PPC (360); 4-8 core POWER7 (Wii U - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POWER7)
Optical Media - 7GB DVD-9 (360); 25GB disc (Wii U)

anybody thinking the Wii-U is only 10% more powerful than the 360 is obviously either 1. Troll baiting or 2. Totally clueless and shouldn't even bother responding to any thread related to the Wii-U (that's in my opinion).

Around the Network
oni-link said:
nightsurge said:
usrevenge said:
really... its like 10% more powerful then the 360... of course its not next gen.

With the rumored Wii U specs, it's much more powerful than that. It's actually closer to probably 200-400% more powerful.

Ram - 512mb (360); 2-4GB (Wii U)
GPU - shared w ram (360); 1-2GB (Wii U)
CPU - 3 core PPC (360); 4-8 core POWER7 (Wii U - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POWER7)
Optical Media - 7GB DVD-9 (360); 25GB disc (Wii U)

anybody thinking the Wii-U is only 10% more powerful than the 360 is obviously either 1. Troll baiting or 2. Totally clueless and shouldn't even bother responding to any thread related to the Wii-U (that's in my opinion).

Saying something like "10% more powerful" is completely subjective and can be judged in many different ways.

RolStoppable said:
brendude13 said:

Saying something like "10% more powerful" is completely subjective and can be judged in many different ways.

That's news to me. Elaborate.

Are they talking about overall system specs? Are they talking about the CPU or GPU clock? Or are they just estimating judging by the graphics?

I would never say the Wii U would only be 10% more powerful than the Xbox 360, but it can be interpreted in many different ways.

brendude13 said:
RolStoppable said:
brendude13 said:

Are they talking about overall system specs? Are they talking about the CPU or GPU clock? Or are they just estimating judging by the graphics?

I would never say the Wii U would only be 10% more powerful than the Xbox 360, but it can be interpreted in many different ways.

And I would say in every single way it would still be an incorrect/troll statement. The only one that sounds subjectively plausible would be the overall graphical "appearance" to the user, but since we won't see what actual Wii U games look like until next year, that's again out the window as an irrational/trollish statement.

nightsurge said:
brendude13 said:
RolStoppable said:
brendude13 said:

And I would say in every single way it would still be an incorrect/troll statement. The only one that sounds subjectively plausible would be the overall graphical "appearance" to the user, but since we won't see what actual Wii U games look like until next year, that's again out the window as an irrational/trollish statement.

It doesn't have to be.

Around the Network

well...if Pachter says so...

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

RolStoppable said:
brendude13 said:

It doesn't have to be.

That's where context comes into play.

Generations are defined by time, not technology. This is how it always has been. Trying to change the definition of generations to technology is trolling in and of itself.

Ohh, I thought he was talking about the "10% increase in power statement".

But yes, I'll agree with you there. Kinda.

RolStoppable said:
brendude13 said:

It doesn't have to be.

Generations are defined by time, not technology. This is how it always has been. Trying to change the definition of generations to technology is trolling in and of itself.

Oh, I completely disagree with you on that one, Rol. Plenty of people use level of technology to measure generations, simply because that's how they feel it is. It's quite common on other sites. Definition by release date is the main way on VGChartz, but people disagreeing with it doesn't make them trolls.
Well, unless you have a different definition of trolling than I do.

Pineapple said:
RolStoppable said:
brendude13 said:

It doesn't have to be.

Oh, I completely disagree with you on that one, Rol. Plenty of people use level of technology to measure generations, simply because that's how they feel it is. It's quite common on other sites. Definition by release date is the main way on VGChartz, but people disagreeing with it doesn't make them trolls.
Well, unless you have a different definition of trolling than I do.

Generations in products have always been defined in the same way that generations of people has been defined, by time.  I'm a different generation from my father, but I'm not biologically more advanced in any way shape or form.

Wii < PS2 < PS360

Wii HD = PS3 + Move
Vita = U Pad = iPad

Wii U = PS3 + iPad

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile