By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Four MS employees working on “Xbox next-gen,” says LinkedIn CVs

VG247

Four CVs from LinkedIn have pointed towards more evidence that Microsoft is on working on a successor to Xbox 360.

Jeff Faulkner is creative director of “Xbox Next-Gen” as of January 2011, while Jonathan Harris is “senior” creative director who’s been working on “Designing the next generation of entertainment” as of September last year.

Patrick Corrigan is helping to provide UI and branding support for “next-gen XBOX on all forms of media,” while Xbox hardware intern Joe Langevin is helping to prevent “electromagnetic interference in next-gen devices.”

A next-gen Xbox has been mentioned at least three times this year, with recent reports suggesting games are on the way from Lionhead, Rare and Turn 10, as well as Remedy and THQ.

Thanks, supererogatory.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/10/10/four-ms-employees-working-on-xbox-next-gen-says-linkedin-cvs/

Around the Network

Yep, Cpt. Obvious can sure find them employees and listings!

(I do not mean you nsanity - I mean the guys that write these "news")

Well it is obvious we all knew the system has been in the works for years. Microsoft's 343 Industries hired developers to work on a next-generation game based in the Halo Universe in 2008. This means that development of first party software for the Nex-Box has been in development for 3 years. If software has been in development for three years then how far was hardware along in 2008?

Fact is this isn't new news we knew Nex-Box is on its way. These confirmations of staff working on the Nex-Box doesn't really add anything to the story. The rumors of developers having dev kits and actually making software is far more interesting and informative!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

I say they are keeping it quiet and it will release in 2012

And news just in; a recent discovery leads Mathematicians to believe that the number 9 is followed by the number 10, more at 11.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

4 people working on next-gen, it's gonna be huge!

About time. This gen has been draggin it out long enough.

stupid article

we all know they have been at it since 360's launch

R&D should pick up by 2012.

E3 2012 is going to be interesting ; )

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!