By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction for when the ps3 will start selling more weekly then 360 in NA

The answer difers if you mean the PS3 outselling the 360 for a week or the majority of the time. The PS3 will outsell the 360 for a few weeks in '08 around the release of major games and probably Christmas, not to mention their innevitable price-drop. It will do it consistently sometime in '09.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Around the Network
libellule said:
Neos,

1 year exclusivity = 90% total exclusivity

you want to play, u buy a PS3
or u want 1 year, no fan will resist

Just like how Resident Evil 4 sold more on the PS2 than GC? Oh wait a second, the gamecube version launched 9 months earlier.....

What, never?

No, never!

What, never?

Hardly ever!

ChichiriMuyo said:
The answer difers if you mean the PS3 outselling the 360 for a week or the majority of the time. The PS3 will outsell the 360 for a few weeks in '08 around the release of major games and probably Christmas, not to mention their innevitable price-drop. It will do it consistently sometime in '09.

I agree with this guy :)

Saiyar said:
It will win some weeks but I doubt it will ever do it on a consistent basis.

I agree, up until MS drops the price near GTAIV then the 360 will probably take off.

Does anyone think that Sony might do a price drop if MS does one for GTAIV?  I think it's a possibility. 

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network
flagship said:
libellule said:
Neos,

1 year exclusivity = 90% total exclusivity

you want to play, u buy a PS3
or u want 1 year, no fan will resist

Just like how Resident Evil 4 sold more on the PS2 than GC? Oh wait a second, the gamecube version launched 9 months earlier.....

According to VGC, RE4 sold 1.66m on the GC and 1.91m on the PS2, but the PS2 had 5 times the install base.

You do the maths. 

Never consistently, but it may some weeks, obviously.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I don't think it ever will. The 360 appeals to more gamers here than the PS3 and as more people have 360s more of there friends might want them to to play. Only one of my friends has a PS3 where as about 15 have 360s and maybe 10 have Wiis. The number of them with Wiis has been increasing a lot faster than those with 360s though, since the release of the Wii only 4 of those 15 360 owners got their 360 in that time.

PC Gamer

When hi def adoption reaches early maturity. So I would guess end of 08. Assuming bluray wins the format war it should push ps3 sales and ofcourse a further pricecut and great games should help.