By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 10 Week Countdown 2011 - End Results

a bit better this week...

Switch!!!

Around the Network

Yes, I'm not in the lead anymore! And it looks like it's just going downhill for me from here on out.

(For some reason, I absolutely love the prediction threads when I'm doing poorly, but don't care particularly about it when I do well)

TWRoO said:

if the adjustments hold (which will be unlikely but generally each adjustement should get closer and closer to the final figure) then you will be in the lead, at least assuming non-gravity follows the same procedure I did, in that the winner is based on adjusted figures, not the originals. For now I just posted them for you to see what the changes were, which is positive for yourself. (though as the figures will contine getting adjustments every so often through 2012 I would say it's best to wait till at least the FY results (April/May 2012) till we assume the 10 week 2011 VGC figures are 'final' (they may still get adjusted time even through the rest of 2012, but probably not by much)

I think we've been declaring a winner in January on the original numbers (since that's fun), then Mayish after adjustments and then the final winner Octoberish before the next Countdown.

Which seems fine by me. I can also show adjusted numbers in January though.

Weekly Hardware Chart 03rd December 2011

PlatformAmericasEuropeAP/MEAGlobal
377,459 275,240 282,299 934,998
483,300 186,401 25,855 695,556
297,811 242,754 76,182 616,747
233,049 259,238 104,372 596,659
185,029 116,903 28,428 330,360
60,095 71,333 71,205 202,633

apparently these number have been up for a while, I'll have results up before the end of the day at least. Site traffic at this hour is low anyway :)

The high BF numbers resulted in bigger drops than I expected. Still once again I shouldn't do too bad on 3DS and X360, but I'm disappointed in Wii and PS3.

Robotech the victor for week 6.

Around the Network

Note: TruckOSaurus hasn't entered 3DS prediction and receives a full 100 points. For him the categories that include 3DS are just not relevant.

The tables below are running totals (once I upload a new week these do not represent the week I uploaded them in):

Extra results can be found here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4255274

That makes the 6th different Weekly winner, robotech has the lowest score so far.

Wii and PS3 numbers for the second time have fallen below Mr. Average marking them as doomed.

With this week's numbers X360 and Wii in America and PS3 in Europe for last week seem to have been a little inflated. I'm not so sure X360 and Wii can top their BF performance in America.

non-gravity said:
That makes the 6th different Weekly winner, robotech has the lowest score so far.

Wii and PS3 numbers for the second time have fallen below Mr. Average marking them as doomed.

With this week's numbers X360 and Wii in America and PS3 in Europe for last week seem to have been a little inflated. I'm not so sure X360 and Wii can top their BF performance in America.

Really?
I'm still expecting Wii to manage 1 million plus in week 9, and X360 might manage it in both 8 and 9 (unless you were talking about America alone figures, in which case you are very probably right for X360, and I think it's possible Wii week 9 in Americas could beat BF week, but it might not)

TWRoO said:
non-gravity said:

Really?
I'm still expecting Wii to manage 1 million plus in week 9, and X360 might manage it in both 8 and 9 (unless you were talking about America alone figures, in which case you are very probably right for X360, and I think it's possible Wii week 9 in Americas could beat BF week, but it might not)

I was talking America only.

All 3 consoles have a chance of pulling 1 million+ in week 8 and 9, with X360 most likely. However after BF numbers I've seen Seece say something along the line of "the site is now expecting X360 to pull a 1.5 million week" which seems way out of reach.

I is improving!

:D

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.