By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3 2012 - *February* Update

thismeintiel said:
Jay520 said:
thismeintiel said:
NotStan said:
Wow 1.5m gap erased in a matter of 5 weeks or so. Next year will sure as hell be interesting, I guess PS3 has finally won a year, after all, it was a favourite to do so ever since its launch! Congrats1

Huh?  It won 2007 by ~43K.  2009 by ~2.9M.  And 2010 by ~506K.  Which means, the PS3 has won 4 of the 6 years since its release.  3 of which have been consecutive.

He must mean best selling of all three home consoles.

I suppose he could.  If that's the case, the 360 hasn't won a year, yet. 

That's the case indeed, but then again, taking into account that 360 was meant to fail about 3 years back along with the Wii whilst PS3 was meant to smash the PS2 sale domination and force the competition out of the market according to quite a lot of analyst and just general opinion.. Yeah..

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network
NotStan said:
thismeintiel said:
Jay520 said:
thismeintiel said:
NotStan said:
Wow 1.5m gap erased in a matter of 5 weeks or so. Next year will sure as hell be interesting, I guess PS3 has finally won a year, after all, it was a favourite to do so ever since its launch! Congrats1

Huh?  It won 2007 by ~43K.  2009 by ~2.9M.  And 2010 by ~506K.  Which means, the PS3 has won 4 of the 6 years since its release.  3 of which have been consecutive.

That's the case indeed, but then again, taking into account that 360 was meant to fail about 3 years back along with the Wii whilst PS3 was meant to smash the PS2 sale domination and force the competition out of the market according to quite a lot of analyst and just general opinion.. Yeah..

lol, thats a kinda desperate attemp.. when exactly was the 360 "meant" to fail?

Microsoft laughing to the bank nowadays so they don't really care if they are 3rd this year.
Sony losing money every quarter while xbox is making money.
If Xbox had a price drop this year following Sony they would of won. Microsoft was smart to focus on profits this year.
Props to ps3 because they deserved this win this year with the more exclusive title launched this year, but kudos to Microsoft for nearly erasing the gap in 1 month.

pezus said:
XanderZane said:
ethomaz said:
XanderZane said:
yo_john117 said:
brendude13 said:
yo_john117 said:
Kind of figured the PS3 would pull ahead for the last week.

I wasn't expecting the PS3 to bounce back like that, I was still expecting the Xbox 360 to outsell it by 100,000 or so. Either way, congrats to the Xbox 360 for coming so close, I saw this thread after E3 and basically took it as a joke.

And if this thread is being updated to the PS3 vs Xbox 360 thread for 2012, then I guess I'll see you all in 11 months.

Yeah I figured it would win the week but I wasn't expecting the gap to be so big in the PS3's favor.

Big? That's not a big gap for a whole year. The PS3 gained about 300K units in 2011. At that rate they won't pass the XBox 360 in sales anytime soon. This generation is almost over as well. The Wii was still storming ahead. I don't think they will catch the Wii unless Nintendo pulls the plug on it.

He is talking about this week numbers... 70k gap.

I didn't expected that too... PS3 always win the last week of the year because the drop happen most in US (360 region)... so this year I expected PS3 over 360 by 15-20k for the last week... 70k is huge.

January is a PS3 month too and I can't see 360 over PS3 until September or more... unless it cut prices.

Oh, my mistake. Price cut probably won't be announced until E3. PS3 will lead over XBox 360 mainly because of Japan. US and UK sales together are pretty much even during the off season.

US and UK?

I think he means equal ratio between 360:PS3

pezus said:
Jay520 said:
pezus said:
XanderZane said:
ethomaz said:
XanderZane said:
yo_john117 said:
brendude13 said:
yo_john117 said:
Kind of figured the PS3 would pull ahead for the last week.

I wasn't expecting the PS3 to bounce back like that, I was still expecting the Xbox 360 to outsell it by 100,000 or so. Either way, congrats to the Xbox 360 for coming so close, I saw this thread after E3 and basically took it as a joke.

And if this thread is being updated to the PS3 vs Xbox 360 thread for 2012, then I guess I'll see you all in 11 months.

Yeah I figured it would win the week but I wasn't expecting the gap to be so big in the PS3's favor.

Big? That's not a big gap for a whole year. The PS3 gained about 300K units in 2011. At that rate they won't pass the XBox 360 in sales anytime soon. This generation is almost over as well. The Wii was still storming ahead. I don't think they will catch the Wii unless Nintendo pulls the plug on it.

He is talking about this week numbers... 70k gap.

I didn't expected that too... PS3 always win the last week of the year because the drop happen most in US (360 region)... so this year I expected PS3 over 360 by 15-20k for the last week... 70k is huge.

January is a PS3 month too and I can't see 360 over PS3 until September or more... unless it cut prices.

Oh, my mistake. Price cut probably won't be announced until E3. PS3 will lead over XBox 360 mainly because of Japan. US and UK sales together are pretty much even during the off season.

US and UK?

I think he means equal ratio between 360:PS3

I read it like he thinks UK = Europe, or at least mistyped. Because he said PS3 will lead mainly because of Japan, followed by that statement.

oh yeah, I could see that.

Around the Network
pezus said:
NotStan said:
thismeintiel said:
Jay520 said:
thismeintiel said:
NotStan said:

3 years ago it was PS3 that was a failure buddy. 5-6 years ago PS3 was supposed to win the generation.

Do my eyes deceive me?  Did I just stumble across an argument over who was supposed to fail and who wasn't?  And BOTH parties feel that they were the underdog?  We have to get everyone's opinion on this one.  It's time to make the thread........

NotStan said:
thismeintiel said:
Jay520 said:
thismeintiel said:
NotStan said:

Please don't overhype the opinion of the minority for the sake of justification.  Thank you.

PS3 wins this week AND 2011, PARTY!!!!!!!!!

http://youtu.be/zbxgL-7d2Kc

Why is this f** integration not working on a day like this!!?

AH FINALLY!!!

LivingMetal said:
NotStan said:
thismeintiel said:
Jay520 said:
thismeintiel said:
NotStan said:

Please don't overhype the opinion of the minority for the sake of justification.  Thank you.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

Cough the minority... Cough Cough.

Not typing that all again because of the crappy forum integration with standard web browsers. Suffice to say Pretty much everyone was of that opinion. That was the big suprise. My last post explained it more but cannot be arsed to say it again.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.