By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's been your most intense or longest gaming session?

As the title says, what's been your most intense gaming session. What game had your hands dripping with sweat? What's that game that got your heart going over 200 beats a minute? What's that game that had you fill your bladder with pressure due to the need to keep playing? What's that game that made your ass fall asleep due to lack of blood? What's that game that made your eyes burn due to TV drainage? What's that game that made you question your potential gaming addiction? What's that game?

For me, it's a SOCOM: FireTeam Bravo.

SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo was an addictive tactical shooter on the PSP. This game was epic. It was so addictive that many people died while playing the game due to starvation. All of the gamers were covered in their own feces & urine. After a survey involving Socom gamers, 103.3% of all applicants admitted that they would rather play Socom continuously & die than take breaks for food & water. That's awesome!

In May 2008, one Socom gamer named Joe Momba fainted while playing the game. Doctors say the cause of the man's faint lies in heart complications. Apparently, Joe had a pretty healthy heart, but while playing Socom, his heart stopped due to the intensity! After being rejuvenated, the man said that the first thing he wanted to do was play more Socom.....Joe died that same day.

Fortunately for me, I haven't died from the game. But I did come pretty close one day. I once played Socom for 29 consecutive hours in ONE NIGHT! (don't think about it). It was one intense night. I lost 6 pounds that night....

So what's been your most intense gaming session?

Around the Network

When FFIX came out, I played it for 12 hours straight, which is probably the most I have spent in one sitting. I did nothing but play, eat and go to the bathroom.

Street Fighter 2 Turbo.. SNES.. 8 stars difficulty level..

1994... my brother, 2 friends and me used over 99 matches (the SF2T matchcounter doesn't go beyond 99) to beat Bison.. finally beat him with Guile.. took us until 2 in the night to beat that m*therf*cker! so many matches were a walk over for Bison but those matches where we were close to beating him was so intense and adrenaline pumping..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

It was a wide assortment of games, but I think I've gotten like 21 hours in a day before where I just couldn't stop playing. I never wish to do that again.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:
It was a wide assortment of games, but I think I've gotten like 21 hours in a day before where I just couldn't stop playing. I never wish to do that again.

Wow, seriously? What gen?

Around the Network

First time I played Chrono Trigger. I played for 18 something hours straight. My mom had to remind me to eat. I was fucking hypnotized by that game. When I finally went to sleep, I dreamt about it. When I woke up I went straight back to playing it again.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Diablo 2 LOD Hardcore mode. Your Heart is pounding everytime your energy drops. The constant risk of losing a character thats worth cash and you spend hundreds of hours to build, with one mistake is exciting.

Diablo II, 21 hours in one sitting, food on the fly placed next to the keyboard. And probably a long bout in WoW, maybe 12-13 hours.

Jay520 said:
Baalzamon said:

Wow, seriously? What gen?

It would have been a combination of Warcraft 3 on PC plus an assortment of PS2 games.  Just to clarify too, by "day" I mean 24 hour period.  It was from like 8 or 9 am one morning to 8 or 9 the next morning with a little break for sleep.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Uhh I played plenty games a long time, just can't really name any instances..