By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Greatest Industry Icon Tournament: Hiroshi Yamauchi Vs. Bill Gates

Hiroshi Yamauchi

Around the Network

Bill Gates

Yamauchi

"There are many people in the industry that know nothing about games. In particular, a large American company is trying to do engulf software houses with money, but I don't believe that will go well. It looks like they'll sell their game system next year, but we'll see the answer to that the following year."

Pixel Art can be fun.

Hiroshi.

Yamauchi.

I'm pretty sure Bill Gates is not THAT involved into the gaming division of MS like Yamauchi was with Nintendo.

Around the Network

Billy Bill

Yamauchi

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Yamauchi. He's done more in the gaming industry than Bill.

VGChartz

Bill Gates is overvalued, IBM PC HW architecture and its clones, with a standard OS, together with Apple and, starting and ending before, Sinclair and Commodore, caused the expansion of personal computing, but had Gary Kildall accepted to develop the OS for the PC instead of MS, PC progress would have been a lot faster. It took 9 years since 32bit introduction with the 386 to MS to really use it in a mainstream OS, Windows 95 (it did a few years sooner, but still late, with Windows NT that was still a small niche and IBM OS/2 back then was a lot better). Windows was late also on 64bit, a free OS developed by volunteers like Linux beat Windows also on it, the first acceptable Windows 64bit versions arrived later. So, while as businessman Bill Gates is unbeatable, his influence on computing hasn't been as positive as gullible people believe. And he had very little on gaming.
So my vote is for hoochie coochie Yamauchi.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Yamauchi.