By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What can Microsoft do to win next gen on consoles?

gears(2006) has full campaign co-op since the first and splitscreen co-op and local game modes idk any other TPS PS3 exclusive that has that

halo series (2007) again full campaign co-op since halo 3 this gen, also has drivable vehicles, more open world gameplay, the online features of halo series ie; stats, customization, ect surpass any other FPS on the PS3

recently released KZ3(2011) only has 2 player split screen co-op thats all no online co-op or 4 player co-op like gears and halo

UC2(2009) also had co-op but was only for 3 non story related missions no split screen of any sorts i believe socom 4 also had co-op that was similar to the way it was in UC2 no full campaign

sony has had 2 gens to come up with something as story driven and feature full as the halo series and if they were trying to match it i believe they failed ei; Haze KZ Resistance just look at the sales and reviews. now i believe they are losing the TPS crowd with gears

Play Me

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:
gears(2006) has full campaign co-op since the first and splitscreen co-op and local game modes idk any other TPS PS3 exclusive that has that

halo series (2007) again full campaign co-op since halo 3 this gen, also has drivable vehicles, more open world gameplay, the online features of halo series ie; stats, customization, ect surpass any other FPS on the PS3

recently released KZ3(2011) only has 2 player split screen co-op thats all no online co-op or 4 player co-op like gears and halo

UC2(2009) also had co-op but was only for 3 non story related missions no split screen of any sorts i believe socom 4 also had co-op that was similar to the way it was in UC2 no full campaign

sony has had 2 gens to come up with something as story driven and feature full as the halo series and if they were trying to match it i believe they failed ei; Haze KZ Resistance just look at the sales and reviews. now i believe they are losing the TPS crowd with gears

For it to be unmatched no ps3 game can have them and tons of multiplats have had those features. I also don't really see those as a selling point and the only genre you are even talking about is shooters, 360 doesn't even have a decent exclusive platformer outside of arcade games.

rottingcorpse1 said:
They had alot of advantages this gen that they won't have next gen so I think it will be very hard for them to win next gen (they are barely in 2ed place this gen with all of those advantages).

1. First and foremost they need to get more 1st parties and make more games, timed exclusives won't be an option if ps4 or wiiU have a significantly larger userbase early on and I think people are wise to it now.

2. They need to have their console reliable from the start, if there are any reports of failures early in the gen MS will lose millions of sales.

3. Free online. Sony has closed in on the level of service MS provides with their online, and with them getting cross game chat next gen (they are doing it for psv they will do it for ps4) and likely improving the service further there won't much to distinguish the services other then one costs and the other one doesn't.

4. Blu ray player. Blu ray is growing as a movie medium and dvd is outdated this gen next gen it will be ancient.

5. Undercut the ps4 price by 100 at launch.

6. Include wifi and have internal battery in their controllers from the start.

I think M$ should keep the online paid service, that makes up for any loses. No free online play, and make there hardware more reliable.

xS7SxSNIPER said:
rottingcorpse1 said:
They had alot of advantages this gen that they won't have next gen so I think it will be very hard for them to win next gen (they are barely in 2ed place this gen with all of those advantages).

1. First and foremost they need to get more 1st parties and make more games, timed exclusives won't be an option if ps4 or wiiU have a significantly larger userbase early on and I think people are wise to it now.

2. They need to have their console reliable from the start, if there are any reports of failures early in the gen MS will lose millions of sales.

3. Free online. Sony has closed in on the level of service MS provides with their online, and with them getting cross game chat next gen (they are doing it for psv they will do it for ps4) and likely improving the service further there won't much to distinguish the services other then one costs and the other one doesn't.

4. Blu ray player. Blu ray is growing as a movie medium and dvd is outdated this gen next gen it will be ancient.

I think M$ should keep the online paid service, that makes up for any loses. No free online play, and make there hardware more reliable.

It might make them more profit but they won't win if they keep paid online, especially since psn will almost if not equal it next gen and Nintendo is making strives too and pc already surpasses it and all 3 are free.

rottingcorpse1 said:
BHR-3 said:
maintain the exclusive releases of mature rated games with unmatched features like they did this gen and come out with i few other genres its lacking like action/adventure, platformer

keep up with the exclusive deals timed DLC and even games

a free online services even if it has to be stripped down

better reliable HW cant have what we had with the rrod

What are you talking about I can't think of a single mature rated 360 exclusive that has unmatched features, can you name a few specific features that you are talking about? I don't think timed exclusive deals are going to be enough next time they need to make more games.

Games like Gears of war had horde,beast,4 player co-op, Halo has 4 player co-op, forge,theater mode,fire fight, a ton of mp mode 16 in total and community modes,community maps ect a ton of support for xbox games and features that what M$ and there studios know how to do and don't forget  PGR to most peole those are selling points those games offer a ton of replay value we xboxers lke Replay value don't you?

Around the Network
xS7SxSNIPER said:
rottingcorpse1 said:
BHR-3 said:
maintain the exclusive releases of mature rated games with unmatched features like they did this gen and come out with i few other genres its lacking like action/adventure, platformer

What are you talking about I can't think of a single mature rated 360 exclusive that has unmatched features, can you name a few specific features that you are talking about? I don't think timed exclusive deals are going to be enough next time they need to make more games.

Games like Gears of war had horde,beast,4 player co-op, Halo has 4 player co-op, forge,theater mode,fire fight, a ton of mp mode 16 in total and community modes,community maps ect a ton of support for xbox games and features that what M$ and there studios know how to do and don't forget  PGR to most peole those are selling points those games offer a ton of replay value we xboxers lke Replay value don't you?

All of those features are in many games, especially horde/fire fight mode .

They just need a few more studios so they can pump out games for the beginning of the year. They typically have pretty good holidays.

rottingcorpse1 said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
rottingcorpse1 said:
BHR-3 said:

Please name one ps3 exlusive that has all those features please thank you = D

xS7SxSNIPER said:
rottingcorpse1 said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
rottingcorpse1 said:
BHR-3 said:

Please name one ps3 exlusive that has all those features please thank you = D

You want me to name a ps3 exclusive that has as many modes as 2 360 exclusives and it has to be a shooter. Unfair comparisons much? But anyways that's besides the point, no 360 exclusive has modes like the ps3 exclusive MAG does, does that make those modes a major selling point for ps3? So many games have so many modes, to say 2 games with common modes is a selling feature for a console is ridicules not to mention the whole ignoring every genre but shooters. For example God of War has Combat Arena arena mode and I can't think of a single 360 hack and slash with that mode (note God of War is a mature rated game)

rottingcorpse1 said:
xS7SxSNIPER said:
rottingcorpse1 said:

It might make them more profit but they won't win if they keep paid online, especially since psn will almost if not equal it next gen and Nintendo is making strives too and pc already surpasses it and all 3 are free.

Equally yes but ps3 lack multi tasking which xbox does good so mix online with cross game chat and multi tasking = beast plus xbox offers a ton of features that i like as a gamer