By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Best Sony Ad EVER - Michael" -- PS3 Long Live Play

Torillian said:
I wonder if they'll have different games for each person, based off what games they mentioned being a fan of. That would be fun to see, and I'd love to see a Demon's Souls character up in there.

They are all popular characters so that people who watch the ads might understand it..and demon's souls doesn't really have a main character.

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:
Torillian said:
I wonder if they'll have different games for each person, based off what games they mentioned being a fan of. That would be fun to see, and I'd love to see a Demon's Souls character up in there.

They are all popular characters so that people who watch the ads might understand it..and demon's souls doesn't really have a main character.

Maiden in Black is a stick out character so your argument fails.

You had the little sister from Bioshock, for example, who was an identifiable character. All you really need is that icon from each game. Like Ghost from MW2!

"When the whole bloody World's gone crazy!" love that line.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Drake chatting up Lightning, this advert is amazing, by far the best they've done.

hatmoza said:
mantlepiecek said:
Torillian said:

You had the little sister from Bioshock, for example, who was an identifiable character. All you really need is that icon from each game. Like Ghost from MW2!

Not a single person would have realized its maiden in black except from the few who who are hardcore about it. Bioshock on the other hand is famous, has sold around 7 million I believe.

Besides, I wasn't really arguing.

mantlepiecek said:
Torillian said:

oh I dunno, it didn't have a main character you played as, but it does have The Maiden in Black which is highly recognizable to the million or so people that played the game.  I'd call her as recognizable as random military guy that the latest commercial focused on. 

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Drake chatting up Lightning, this advert is amazing, by far the best they've done.

or Sweet Tooth enjoying a game of Chess with ... Sackboy? lol

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

mantlepiecek said:
hatmoza said:
mantlepiecek said:
Torillian said:

Not a single person would have realized its maiden in black except from the few who who are hardcore about it. Bioshock on the other hand is famous, has sold around 7 million I believe.

From the million sales Demon's Souls had, I'd wager that most people who played the game would recognize her ...

I THOUGHT I saw Altair in that other teaser trailer (blurred in the background). This was a great ad! Long Live Play.

hatmoza said:
mantlepiecek said:
hatmoza said:
mantlepiecek said:
Torillian said:

From the million sales Demon's Souls had, I'd wager that most people who played the game would recognize her ...

I doubt any of the ones that didn't play demon's souls would recognize her. I would consider them as the primary target audience for the ad.

Well, there's no need to take this seriously anyway. I would have liked it too if there was a character from demon's souls. Like the monk.

hatmoza said:
brendude13 said:

or Sweet Tooth enjoying a game of Chess with ... Sackboy? lol

Haha, that must have been an awkward game.