By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FIFA 12 third biggest UK launch ever, Sold more than GTA IV

kowenicki said:
crissindahouse said:
kowenicki said:
crissindahouse said:
kowenicki said:

Its advertised almost as a sony exclusive in the UK... with one hell of a huge ad campaign that has been running for a month or so already.

Unsurprising sales for a game in a country where the sport in question is watched live (actually turning up to watch the game in person) by more people on a weekly basis than anywhere else in the world..... by some considerable margin

aren't the germans nr. 1 watching football games live? germanys football federation is the biggest sports federation of the world (for one sport) and the first league has more visitors than any other footbal league.

ahh found it:

http://www.transfermarkt.de/en/default/zuschauerstatistik/basics.html

it's huge in germany. even the smallest clubs have minimum 30k visitor per game in the first league.

There are four professional leagues in England and I will guarantee that more people watch them than watch any other countries league

you cant just off the top league.....

lol in germany they have more than the first league as well you know? you think i only thought about the first league? why should i say that the german football federation is the biggest of the world then?

you might want to look at my edit and the list i linked...  

yeah but you put more clubs in the biggest leagues to get more games and we have for example 3 different 4th leagues (5 next year) where you have only one. at least they are almost the same size. i mean in germany and england it's the same, every litte village has his own clubs with more than one team with visiots as well. noone will ever know how many these games watch because they are free.

it's like you would let them play 4 games against each other instead of 2 in sweden than you would have the  most visitors in sweden lol. more games aren't more visitors for me. if germany would have the same structure in the first leagues they would easily have more viitors

in your list baseball is nr. one because they play like a trillion of games but i bet noone in america would say it's bigger than basketball or whatever.

Around the Network
SeXbox_360 said:
sports games are definitely more popular on PS3. Pro evo will have a 2:1 ratio for PS3. the fact that 360 version sold over a half is amazing. I know several PS3 and 360 owners(i own both but game more on 360 more) and the majority of football fans get it on PS3 because they are casuals.

i think it's simple sony is always advertising in the champions league and other leagues which microsoft isn't. just look at the perimeter advertising for a decade or so now.

@kowenicki

what i mean is that you can't say england has more visiotors and post your link because it's simply wrong. this is a list of all games but more games aren't more people who go out to see a football game.

you have to look at the numbers of one weekend to know how many different people go out to see the games not if a country has one or two more weekends to generate higher numbers. the people who watch these games aren't people who didn't see the other games.

if in germany 30 million watch football at the wekend and in england 20 million but at the end of the season england had 1 billion visitors and germany 900 millions does mean that in germany more people go out to watch a football game. (sure there live more people but your link makes no sense)

that's a simple logic and all big newspapers use this to show which league is the biggest aso. what i said baseball in america has more viisitors than any other sport but i bet more americans watch football (the american one)

Silver-Tiger said:
D-Joe said:
>when just 27 per cent of players chose Xbox 360 for FIFA 11, while 33 per cent picked PlayStation 3.
what version they choose in last year?

Sports game mostly do better on PS3 + exclusive advertising for PS3 (at least in Germany, I imagine it's the same for UK)

i mean last year FIFA 11 360+PS3=60%,where is othe 40%?

crissindahouse said:

edit - it didn't show my post.....website is sooo bugged

What i said was this

If you look at that link your see that pl overall has more visitors.

Have to remember that the German league plays less games, has breaks and pays only £10 to watch the game.

In the PL you sometimes have three games a week, no breaks and have to pay around £30+ to watch a game.

Some people have to pay £90 a week to watch the games in the pl. They would never do that in Germany hence why the prices are so low. If they made tickets £10 in UK then every game everywhere would be a sell out.

By also having breaks means that games are not played as often meaning it is a bit more special when they do happen.

The PL is the biggest league in the world, it is also ranked number 1 by UEFA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient#Association_coefficient_.28.22League_coefficient.22.29 while Germany is 3rd.

In Germany they play 17 home games at £10 a game = £170 a season (obviously cheaper with season discounts). In England they play 19 home games at £30 = £570 a season.

If the Germans were asked to pay basically x3 what they currently apy to watch games the attendances would nose dive. Considering in England there are no breaks, more games and a lot higher pricing for tickets it shows how much bigger it is in England that even with those things it still attracts more watchers then germany.

Around the Network

So Fifa 12 sold more on 360 than PS3 over there?
Can't wait to see America numbers.

D-Joe said:
Silver-Tiger said:
D-Joe said:
>when just 27 per cent of players chose Xbox 360 for FIFA 11, while 33 per cent picked PlayStation 3.

Sports game mostly do better on PS3 + exclusive advertising for PS3 (at least in Germany, I imagine it's the same for UK)

i mean last year FIFA 11 360+PS3=60%,where is othe 40%?

I think Chart Track is mixing up their numbers. I think they mean 360 Fifa sales are up 27% and PS3 up 11% in absolute numbers.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Germany has standing terraces, but the majority are seated stands, too. Higher prices included.
If you want to travel to away matches, you have bad chances to get tickets for the standing terraces.
But you are right, the entrance fees in England are nuts.

fifa 12.. 5 millions now... i think!

Silver-Tiger said:
D-Joe said:

In Europe yes, in America no. Fifa is catered to the European market obviously, since most American care more about NFL Football then Fifa football. This is why you see huge marketing for NFL, NBA and MLB games in the USA and not so much in the Euro countries. I can't even remember the last time I played a soccer game. At think it was a demo at Fry's Electronics a year after the XBox 360 launched. I spend more time playing NBA 2K11 & 2K12 then any other sport. 

'gaming till I'm gone'