By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you could control time, what would you do?

I would stay young forever and try to bang as many hot chicks as I possibly could. There would be no need to worry about getting an STD or getting one of them pregnant since I would just hit rewind.

Around the Network

Step 1: Win lottery, distribute among friends/family since I wont be needing any
Step 2: Stop my aging process
Step 3: Travel to the past to learn the truth about all historical events
Step 4: Travel to the future buy a couple cars (I expect they float), new iPod (with 8m terabytes and the size of a cell) + the hottest songs of the century, buy a super computer, All the new game systems and games +TV (assuming the graphics are beyond amazing or virtual reality especially with all that alien tech)
Step 5: Return to the present show my friends/family all the crap I got
Step 6: Maintain a residence in the current time and vacation in the past/future
Step 7: Find the most beautiful girl to ever exist from the beginning to the end of time w/ exceptional sandwich making abilities
Step 8: Oh and I'm black so ill probably do something about that whole slavery thing.

I would go a few years into the future and take out my money, then redeposit a few years in the past and keep this up for a while until I had loads of money (let's not worry about all the paradoxes...), then kind of live in the present, it is more fun that way, as stuff is more rewarding if you have to work/wait for it (though I might skip some really boring waits, such as the one now where I am waiting for an update to my game)

@shuraja

"The human mind is incapable of identifying, let alone processing, the near infinite variables that work together to create the world ad we currently experience it. "

Thats true but you could make a database were you safe all the informations. Let programmers work out a system for billions of dollars and take it back in time. Still wouldnt be perfect but it could help you a llitle.

Also define a safe point in time you wont pass. Like your 18 Birthday. Before that nothing is changed and you will always be able to reset the world by coming back to that point.

I would just leave it to run it's natural course.

Around the Network
shuraiya said:
I probably wouldn't even bother using the ability (even for the trivial things); way too many things can go wrong, and it would be beyond frustrating--not to mention a little maddening--to put things right. Then you have to deal with what "right" is in the first place. Is something "right" because it's what happened originally, or naturally, or is "right" something you create by manipulating original events. After repeated alterations to original events--especially if they are successful--a god complex will inevitably developed.

The human mind is incapable of identifying, let alone processing, the near infinite variables that work together to create the world as we currently experience it. Dicking around in the past or future will eventually unleash a clusterfuck of biblical proportions, and frankly, I just can't be bothered to deal with the bullshit. Time control is one "gift" I'll be returning to sender.

Over-thinking it. I'd do stuff like stop time during an exam, do some research, write it down. Or I'd talk a girl over and over again until I get it right and she wants to go out! small stuff that lead to bigger stuff, anything that goes wrong can be revised and re-done. The only issue I'd face is life might become a little boring.

ChristianTheAtheist said:
I would just leave it to run it's natural course.

You just got punched in the face, you wouldn't take time back to 5 seconds ago and deflect the punch? 

Netyaroze said:
@shuraja

"The human mind is incapable of identifying, let alone processing, the near infinite variables that work together to create the world ad we currently experience it. "

Thats true but you could make a database were you safe all the informations. Let programmers work out a system for billions of dollars and take it back in time. Still wouldnt be perfect but it could help you a llitle.

Also define a safe point in time you wont pass. Like your 18 Birthday. Before that nothing is changed and you will always be able to reset the world by coming back to that point.

The database appears to rely on trial an error, and then making a record of what happens. That approach can't work because of the myriad variables.

A safe point can only work if time is, in fact, linear. I prefer to think of time as being spherical, instead of linear. In this senario, it becomes possible for events that occur in the "future" to alter those that occur in the "past." That's why it's too dangerous; without a true understanding of the nature of time, you're stumbling blindly.

Have sex with people from the past and future.

blkfish92 said:
Have sex with people from the past and future.

At the same time? No pun intended.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.