By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why do you like or hate Apple?

Nothing to love or hate there, the yearly rehash of iPhones/iPods and macs are annoying, but I find the 4th generation Nano that I brought about 2/3 years ago neat, and useful. Although I think quite a lot of their shit tends to break after a few years (nothing is forever after all), mine is still chugging along nicely, despite me bench pressing it on accident :L

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network
Solid-Stark said:
I neither like or dislike Apple. I think their products are neat but too expensive, and i don't like their yearly releases.

Everyone does yearly releases, in fact, most do bi-yearly releases

NotStan said:
Nothing to love or hate there, the yearly rehash of iPhones/iPods and macs are annoying, but I find the 4th generation Nano that I brought about 2/3 years ago neat, and useful. Although I think quite a lot of their shit tends to break after a few years (nothing is forever after all), mine is still chugging along nicely, despite me bench pressing it on accident :L

I don't get it. What's so wrong with releasing new versions every year?

Apple really sucks at making manuals.

I'm pretty indifferent towards Apple and their products. All of their offering are "meh" and overpriced to me. Only thing I like about them it's the industrial design of their products. They're really good in that department.

In any case, when any of my friends asks me, my advice for them is to avoid buying Apple products overall.

Around the Network

I don't like them because their popular.

What I like about Apple: Just about everything.

What I dislike about Apple: The absolutely ridiculous prices on their products and the die hard apple fans.

I'm still sticking with a pc since it is much cheaper and a lot more software runs on it.

I was looking to by an Apple pc 2 years ago to do video editing. Then I found out Apple did not have native support yet for m2ts h.264 files that my hd camera makes, it would have to import/convert each file before editing. Pinacle studio on pc, although not the most stable product by far, can work with 24mbps m2ts files without any conversions in between, and is optimized for quad core.

I'm not impressed with iPod, my wife's first one broke after a year and she and her dad always have trouble with them not synching correctly with iTunes.

I do like the idea of an iPad but it's not worth $600 to me.

Munkeh111 said:
Solid-Stark said:
I neither like or dislike Apple. I think their products are neat but too expensive, and i don't like their yearly releases.

Everyone does yearly releases, in fact, most do bi-yearly releases

I meant as if Sony Micro or Ninty released revisions each year on their consoles (better specs, updated features) but your right. Samsung Motorolla HTC do that with phones, so do computer manufacturers such as HP and Dell, but Apple stand out much more due to marketing and their starting prices. I got and still have the first gen ipod touch i got on launch, and im never getting a "newer" model because i don't see it worth it and theres going to be a newer one 6months to a year later.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I like apple, but my bag already full with another gadget like laptop, blackberry, psp, and charger. If someday apple can replace one or all of my gadget function, I will thinking to buy apple product.
*dont tell me if I can playing a game with apple product