By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrReview RAGE Review Update

Tagged games:

It bodes well that Nazna reviewed it. He gets to review the biggest and best games. Dare we hope for a +90? I do.

Around the Network

Yeah this is a good idea. A lot of times we miss the reviews. May as well post a link here for the review when its posted.

Slimebeast said:
It bodes well that Nazna reviewed it. He gets to review the biggest and best games. Dare we hope for a +90? I do.

Just want to clear something up on that, for the sake of transparency: we don't actually have a system whereby I have any real priority over any other reviewer. Same with Chris, who also appears to review huge games a lot. The reason Chris and I often review big games is that we are the default review copy shipping address for many games. Sometimes even when we try to get a publisher to ship games to specific reviewers they send it to one of us, which kinda messes up our system. When that happens we have to review the games to meet the embargo, and when we are done we then send the review copy to the reviewer originally registered for the game. This way they still get their free game for registering for it, even though they unfortunately did not get to write the review.

Sadly, this situation isn't terribly uncommon. While we do everything we can to let the correct reviewer review the game, the needs of the site dictate that we get reviews out as fast as possible, while making sure we sample the game's complete content and finish the campaign. This is especially important for a really big release. Again, just thought you guys should know this for the sake of transparency. I'm not hoarding huge games. In fact, I'm often sending them back off to another reviewer when I'm done reviewing them. 

naznatips said:

This way they still get their free game for registering for it, even though they unfortunately did not get to write the review.

Aah shame - poor guys.

/s

Dr.Grass said:
naznatips said:

This way they still get their free game for registering for it, even though they unfortunately did not get to write the review.

Aah shame - poor guys.

/s

Yes, they're abused. :)

In all seriousness, people register for games because they WANT to review them, and it's unfortunate that they don't always get that opportunity.

Around the Network

Why is the sticky showing up three times for me?
Using Chrome btw.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

I don't think it was necessary to tag this thread 3 times Naz :P

Think he might have tagged it in three forums maybe?

I think the score is so good it has to be spread out on 3 stickies!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

thanks naz. looking forward to your review's