By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bad news for Nintendo: 3DS hacked

Thats amazing news. It opens up the 3DS to a whole new demographic that wouldnt buy it otherwise.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
SeXbox_360 said:
Acevil said:
hatmoza said:
RolStoppable said:
Acevil said:
Jay520 said:
It's the PSP all over again...

Actually it would be similar to the DS. While the DS was easier to pirate (seriously all it took was a card and some roms), it was PSP that suffered from piracy (it wasn't as simple). 

However some people are saying this might not be legit enough, so wait and see. 

The PSP didn't suffer from piracy, it suffered from a bad lineup of dumbed down home console games. Doesn't this explanation sound way more logical when the PSP software sales in Japan are taken in consideration?

Except, PSP software did/ still doing good in Japan.

I think he was trolling/sarcasm, but I can't tell with rol. 

he is half right though. software sales are abysmal outside Japn for this reason. 

Well true but then again its Sony were talking about.....a corporation with 0 flagship IPs on the level of Mario. Nintendo titles will sell regardless. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

M.U.G.E.N said:
bobgamez said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Mr Khan said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Mr Khan said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
>_> yeah I won't get into the psp debate..it won't end if I do

OT: hope this doesn't harm 3ds or nintendo..don't care much for piracy

The points regarding PSP software sales in the west was effectively laid out, and this stems from the PSP debate we've had in the past (regarding how Sony treats the device). Sony did not make games that were distinctly compelling, compared to just buying those games on the PS2/3 (or on 360 in the case of a lot of western-oriented third party PSP games). Most are just junior partners of their console games, and therefore their sales were bad. The ones that had full effort in them went well

last time I showed how stupid some of the remarks you made about the sony and their treatment of psp first party sw. I really don't think many of you have a clue about the quality of those game you guys are addressing.and they didn't make compelling games for it? another ignorant comment added to the list of ignorant comments made by you about the psp.

but like I said, I really don't want to get into this again. it's a useless debate and one that's gonna make me type a lot lol which I really don't want to

The proof is in the sales. Many games are good, but not compelling, not system-sellers or killer apps. I have no doubt that many of the first party PSP games were good as games, but did not serve as distinctly compelling titles

I would charge you with a counter-argument, brief though it may be. At least, do you feel piracy is really the reason these games performed as they did, or that they did not generate appropriate levels of hype?

I completely disagree with your first statement..but getting into will lead me to makings lists, details etc about specific games.....I just dun wanna :S so I won't go into it

second part..it was definitely PART of the problems psp had. but it's not the be all end all ..neither were the other reasons. you can't say THIS is the reasons why THIS happened in a case like this..there were many factors involved, piracy was also one of the prominant ones. before you ask I will mention few more that imo played prominant roles just as piracy did. no unique control input of the hw, horrible marketing, and not ENOUGH games for around 1-2 years in the middle of its life cycle.

Piracy was not the issue, hell I didn't even know you could pirate the psp till just now, and I can damn sure tell you that 99.9 percent of buyers didn't know either. IT failed because it was too expensive, not enough games, and absolutley nothing intresting about the console itself compared to the ds.

LOL! ok if ya say so

Dont let piracy be the veil of shame that all Sony fans cling to to mask the fail of PSP vs DS. It logically goes deeper then that. 

sales2099 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
bobgamez said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Mr Khan said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Mr Khan said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
>_> yeah I won't get into the psp debate..it won't end if I do

OT: hope this doesn't harm 3ds or nintendo..don't care much for piracy

The points regarding PSP software sales in the west was effectively laid out, and this stems from the PSP debate we've had in the past (regarding how Sony treats the device). Sony did not make games that were distinctly compelling, compared to just buying those games on the PS2/3 (or on 360 in the case of a lot of western-oriented third party PSP games). Most are just junior partners of their console games, and therefore their sales were bad. The ones that had full effort in them went well

last time I showed how stupid some of the remarks you made about the sony and their treatment of psp first party sw. I really don't think many of you have a clue about the quality of those game you guys are addressing.and they didn't make compelling games for it? another ignorant comment added to the list of ignorant comments made by you about the psp.

but like I said, I really don't want to get into this again. it's a useless debate and one that's gonna make me type a lot lol which I really don't want to

The proof is in the sales. Many games are good, but not compelling, not system-sellers or killer apps. I have no doubt that many of the first party PSP games were good as games, but did not serve as distinctly compelling titles

I would charge you with a counter-argument, brief though it may be. At least, do you feel piracy is really the reason these games performed as they did, or that they did not generate appropriate levels of hype?

I completely disagree with your first statement..but getting into will lead me to makings lists, details etc about specific games.....I just dun wanna :S so I won't go into it

second part..it was definitely PART of the problems psp had. but it's not the be all end all ..neither were the other reasons. you can't say THIS is the reasons why THIS happened in a case like this..there were many factors involved, piracy was also one of the prominant ones. before you ask I will mention few more that imo played prominant roles just as piracy did. no unique control input of the hw, horrible marketing, and not ENOUGH games for around 1-2 years in the middle of its life cycle.

Piracy was not the issue, hell I didn't even know you could pirate the psp till just now, and I can damn sure tell you that 99.9 percent of buyers didn't know either. IT failed because it was too expensive, not enough games, and absolutley nothing intresting about the console itself compared to the ds.

LOL! ok if ya say so

Dont let piracy be the veil of shame that all Sony fans cling to to mask the fail of PSP vs DS. It logically goes deeper then that. 

don't let one line be the veil of ignorance that you cling on to here..read more than that in a thread. and there is absolutely NOTHING to be ashamed of what PSP has achieved :)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!