Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lets Discuss Super Mario Galaxy

Tagged games:

What'd you think?

I loved it! 35 66.04%

It was okay. 4 7.55%

It didn't like it. 10 18.87%

See results. 4 7.55%

Total:53

I'd like to add that in future 3D Mario games, maybe they should make the worlds much bigger and allow you to continue after getting a star instead of sending you back.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

The first Super Mario Galaxy was great, the second one even better. Nintendo should go back to a more consistent design though, instead of random worlds being stringed together.

Donkey Kong Country Returns beats NSMB Wii in production values, but not overall. Both excellent games, of course.

Something about Super Mario 3D Land seems off. Mario moves too slow for my liking, judging from the trailers and preview videos. The 2D sections won't match the quality of an actual 2D platformer, just like it has been the case in the Galaxy games.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

RolStoppable said:
The first Super Mario Galaxy was great, the second one even better. Nintendo should go back to a more consistent design though, instead of random worlds being stringed together.

Donkey Kong Country Returns beats NSMB Wii in production values, but not overall. Both excellent games, of course.

Something about Super Mario 3D Land seems off. Mario moves too slow for my liking, judging from the trailers and preview videos. The 2D sections won't match the quality of an actual 2D platformer, just like it has been the case in the Galaxy games.

Agreed.

Maybe it's the fixed camera.

Edit: Nvm i looked it up, its optional.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Both are overrated, but they are still better than Mario 64.
Galaxy 2 was a total improvement over the first, but suffered from lack of the "O_o OMG" factor.

morenoingrato said:
Galaxy 2 was a total improvement over the first, but suffered from lack of the "O_o OMG" factor.

There definitely was an "OMG" factor when I saw that they blatantly reused a stage from the first game. It really was hard to believe.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
morenoingrato said:

There definitely was an "OMG" factor when I saw that they blatantly reused a stage from the first game. It really was hard to believe.

Yeah, that sucked, the possibly worst desingNED level of the original came back, WTF?

The boss level was cool, but I hated to play that level.

morenoingrato said:
RolStoppable said:

Yeah, that sucked, the possibly worst desingNED level of the original came back, WTF?

You mean the level where you had to fight bosses from the first game? That one wasn't cool and really annoying to play. Just one more filler after the level they ripped straight from the first game.

The funny thing is that no gaming journalist called Nintendo out on that, but half a year before Nintendo was called lazy for NSMB Wii which had only original stages and tons of pleasant secrets.

RolStoppable said:
morenoingrato said:
RolStoppable said:

You mean the level where you had to fight bosses from the first game? That one wasn't cool and really annoying to play. Just one more filler after the level they ripped straight from the first game.

The funny thing is that no gaming journalist called Nintendo out on that, but half a year before Nintendo was called lazy for NSMB Wii which had only original stages and tons of pleasant secrets.

Well, overall, World S felt like it was made in a rush a month before release.

morenoingrato said:
RolStoppable said:
morenoingrato said:
RolStoppable said:

I feel the same way about the green stars.

Level1Death said:
morenoingrato said:

I feel the same way about the green stars.

They are still much better than the first Galaxy's secret after getting 120 stars and they actually add some need for exploration which is something that some people wanted more of in the regular course of Galaxy 2.