By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas UP-24th september

VGKing said:
Seece said:
VGKing said:
Amazing Gears 3. Makes you think why Epic doesn't go multiplatform.......Gears could easily reach Call of Duty sales(20million+) if it was also on PS3. Is Microsoft paying Epic an amount equal to 8 million game copies sold? If not I suggest Epic rethink this exclusive thing.

Anyway these amazing Gears 3 boost gets me thinking about how the PS3 has no system seller. I hope for next-gen Sony focuses on quality over quantity. Sure having a ton of exclusives is a great bullet point but most gamers don't have enough time or money to buy all of them or end up getting them used at Gamestop.

So 360 version sells 8 million, you think it'd sell 12 million on PS3? lol. It wouldn't even sell 6 mill on PS3, certain franchises are just ingrained to certain userbases. Gears could reach 4 mill maybe 5 on PS3.

And we have no idea what MS/Epic relationship is, I'm sure Epic get something out of it.

If Gears(the franchsie) was multiplatform its popularity would increase. It'd get double the hype which equals more sales for the 360 version as well.
I said it could reach 20million+ if it was multiplatform. If Gears 3 released on PS3 I doubt it'll sell that much...... even if they bundled the first 2 into 1 Blu-Ray.

Now, if they started another trilogy then there's hope! IT WOULD BE MASSIVE!

Eh, no not really. Hype on the internet doesn't resemble anything 0_o, and going multiplatform didn't really propel bioshock and mass effect. Me2 did that, by being a great game.

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:
Why is resistance 3 doing so bad? It doesn't look like it will do that much more than a million if it reaches a million.

PS3 exclusive FPS.  Gears is pushed as THE biggest title this year by Microsoft.  Resistance is merely another FPS Sony is releasing.  Hmm... didn't Killzone 3 also come out earlier this year?  And Resistance doesn't feature a lead protagonist throughout the series the way Marcus is in Gears.  

Attoyou said:
But but but It won't boost Hardware!! everyone who wants it, has one!!
Never gets old.
Next Up MW3.

This late in the game, there shouldn't be much of a boost in hardware.  Early on, you get killer apps.

VGKing said:
Amazing Gears 3. Makes you think why Epic doesn't go multiplatform.......Gears could easily reach Call of Duty sales(20million+) if it was also on PS3. Is Microsoft paying Epic an amount equal to 8 million game copies sold? If not I suggest Epic rethink this exclusive thing.

Anyway these amazing Gears 3 boost gets me thinking about how the PS3 has no system seller. I hope for next-gen Sony focuses on quality over quantity. Sure having a ton of exclusives is a great bullet point but most gamers don't have enough time or money to buy all of them or end up getting them used at Gamestop.

Look at how Bulletstorm did, and Unreal Tournament 3.  These are multiplatform titles, and they didn't do great.  What Gears has behind it is a marketing push by Microsoft that makes it out to be something special.  This marketing push is important.   Drop the exclusivity and you lose it being gangbusters.  It seems Call of Duty is an exception.

What a monstrous 360 boost by Gears 3. I'm sure it was said, but I was not expecting such a boost.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
VGKing said:

I doubt it would really more than double sales.  True, they may get a few sales from new customers that only own a PS3 (which may add to an extra million or so), but it's more likely to just split the userbase, like FF13 did. 

RolStoppable said:
yo_john117 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Wow, crazy numbers for PedoBears of War 3, beating 1 and 2 combined and giving XB360 almost an 80% boost!

XB360 should also win its first WW week after a long time.

The rest is really unimpressive if compared, though DS has a nice small HW boost and DS, PSP and 3DS all have a good SW boost.

Edit:

PS Kinect keeps on dropping, even in America and even in a week when XB360 had a huge boost.

That doesn't make any sense...

Get used to it or ignore it. As long as he doesn't make any threads I will be fine.

I'm almost tempted to make a thread...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

VGKing said:

i severely doubt gears would ever sell 20M total even if it was multi console when it released back in 2007

the majority that want to play gears already went out and got a 360 yrs ago bringing it to ps3 would still net some sales but nowhere near the 360 version unnless it went multi when it released back in 07 

what makes me think is why sony doesnt have there own hardcore TPS? or even FPS that can match what MS delivers with Halo, what about a exclusive modern FPS that resembles COD? i would liked to of seen a modern FPS sony exclusive like COD but with Gorilla Games behind it with there graphics and immersion effects same with TPS

Play Me

Final Fantasy XIV and Xenoblade have been preventing me from playing Gears 3. I'll get there eventually.

BHR-3 said:
VGKing said:

i severely doubt gears would ever sell 20M total even if it was multi console when it released back in 2007

the majority that want to play gears already went out and got a 360 yrs ago bringing it to ps3 would still net some sales but nowhere near the 360 version unnless it went multi when it released back in 07 

what makes me think is why sony doesnt have there own hardcore TPS? or even FPS that can match what MS delivers with Halo, what about a exclusive modern FPS that resembles COD? i would liked to of seen a modern FPS sony exclusive like COD but with Gorilla Games behind it with there graphics and immersion effects same with TPS

What are you talking about? Sony already has those things you just mentioned. They have a hardcore TPS in Uncharted. They tried to counter Halo with Killzone and some people also claimed Resistance was aimed at Halo as well. As for an exclusive Modern FPS they have SOCOM. The difference is Sony doesn't market their games the same way. It seems it's a gift and a curse having tons of exclusives. They don't seem to get the marketing push they all deserve. Uncharted doesn't really need it though as that game sells itself.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo