By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Look how far the graphics for the HD consoles have come this gen.

these are some very impressive graphics, but as SvennoJ pointed out, what's going on on-screen I think has actually decreased over the generation

Around the Network

That ME2 shot either looks like a bullshot or a PC screen shot.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

okay, 2006 to 2007 was the biggest gap.............

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

I realized how much graphics have improved after going back to play Star Wars: The Force Unleashed on PS3. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw E3 footage back in 2008. I came back to gaming partly thanks to the hype I got from that game, Wii version. I played and enjoyed the game. Later I got a PS3 and I was shocked with Uncharted and other games. Later I got a nice PC (just something middle ranged these days) and I got kind of used to full hd graphics.
A couple of months ago I got me a copy of SW:TFU for PS3, just for the sake of playing the HD experience and the different levels and... even the cinematics look weak!!
Talking about changing standards..!

osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
Play4Fun said:
Aren't some of these bull-shots?

And isn't that a per-rendered screen of KZ2?

Is it? Isn't that what KZ2 looks like?

i would venture to say killzone 2 looks much better than that.

infact look at the gun in the e3 trailer (the picture you posted), then look at this (yes its ingame)

That has to be a bullshot because it looks better than KZ3...

Around the Network
Machina said:
yo_john117 said:
Machina said:
Seece said:
Most of 2011 are bullshots lol ...

To be fair, from 2007 onwards he starts going deep into bullshot territory.

Eh? I've played the majority of the games on that list and they do look that good on my HDTV (except for most of the 2011 ones)

Doesn't mean they're not bullshots. If it's not what you see in-game then it's as good as fake imo. Going through the list:

CoD is in-game, Uncharted too. Halo is not though. The BioShock one looks accurate but it's not in-game gameplay either.

MGS 4 is a cut scene, that's not Gears gameplay, LBP is accurate.

Forza 3 is in-game, but that Uncharted 2 one is a complete bullshot, the Killzone 2 one is not gameplay (actually looks better than that in-game; not sure why they don't just show genuine gameplay shots rather than worse fake ones).

All of 2010's are 'fake'. Mass Effect 2 is 100% bullshot, so is the Reach one, and the Red Dead one is a joke.

Others have covered 2011's.

Granted, it's often hard to find genuine gameplay screenshots (complete pain in the ass trying to find them for reviews), and there's the whole 'but it's using the in-game engine' or w/e excuses, but that doesn't make them any less misleading.

Well I figured as long as the pics looks about what I see ingame then it's ok. there are a few that I gave up finding in-game ones because search engines on my computer stop working after the first try. 

Then again almost every single picture on the internet is touched up at least a little bit. So with that in mind when I see pictures of games I know they will look much jaggier when I actually play them.

yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
Play4Fun said:
Aren't some of these bull-shots?

And isn't that a per-rendered screen of KZ2?

Is it? Isn't that what KZ2 looks like?

i would venture to say killzone 2 looks much better than that.

infact look at the gun in the e3 trailer (the picture you posted), then look at this (yes its ingame)

That has to be a bullshot because it looks better than KZ3...

well, its a cutscene....

but still in the game

these are gameplay, some reason its really hard to find gameplay..

Graphics on the HD consoles have come so far since 2005!

After seeing Resistance: FOM in 2006 I'd never have believed that the following shots could be achieved 100% in-game/real-time running on the same console, truly amazing. (Right click, view image for larger size).

Can't wait to see what Sony Santa Monica's next masterpiece is going to look like...

So much gray, brown and bloom. It's mind-numbing.

Pixel Art can be fun.

SvennoJ said:
Screenshots look better yes, what you don't see

2006 Ridge racer 7 1920x1080 flawless 60 fps
20011 Resistance 3 960x704 struggling to keep 30 fps

2006 Dead rising, hundreds of zombies on screen at once
2011 Dead island, 8 enemies on screen

Why are you comparing Ridge Racer to Resistance? They're two very different games. Also Dead Rising can be compared to Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, which also has hundreds of zombies on screen with superior graphics. That was a pretty horrible attempt at bashing the HD consoles.