By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

Crystalchild said:
Areym said:
Somebody please help me out. How do I beat those damn gargoyles? Once the second one comes down, I get beaten to by one while the other spams fire. It is a nightmare and i've been stuck there for the past 3 hours.

1. get the dragonsword, since 200ATP is a huge deal at the beginning.

2. beat the first ones health down as far as possible, but stop  very before triggering the second one to appear, and then;

3. Kite him to the entrance, to large the gap between those two, and wait for a good opportunity to strike. if the gargoyle attacked, go all out (maybe even holding yer weapon in both hands) and try to hit him from 55% to 20%. (<- thats at least what i've accomplished before they were together at last)

4. Endure the last percent of the first, and then nuke the second.

I got the first one to 20% once but then they both lounged at me one after the other i went from 100% health to like 10% in less than 5 seconds.

My best weapon is an axe +3, which does great damage but the timing has to be near perfect for me to land the hit, cause my long sword and scimitar don't do jack squat. Once I dodge the two or three side attacks, i have maybe half a second to get up and attack before it a) jumps backwards and dodges or b) bashes the shit out of me with his shield. One way i've been able to get the first one low is get on it's face and stay right next to it while circling it, it tends to ready and attack and i just step away from it and slice it's tail off. Too bad the Great tail Axe is a crappy weapon.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

So, lestat, can Dark Souls already be considered your personal GOTY?

JGarret said:
So, lestat, can Dark Souls already be considered your personal GOTY?

Definetly. It surpasses what Demon's Souls achieved plus much, much more and Demon's Souls was my favourite game of this generation so far. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

sabby_e17 said:
So guys, I'm currently stuck. I've just defeated the gargoyles and rang the first bell. Where do I go from here?

Should I go back to the Undead Asylum, Anor Londo or go to kill the Capra demon? (or any other place that would be better) Basically, the next easiest area

I'd recommend Darkroot Gardens before the Capra demon. The gardens were pretty easy imo.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

When does lautrec kill the muted girl? I never let him out the cell but he has escaped anyway and he's currently sitting opposite the muted girl in the FIRELINK SHRINE. I'm currently in BLIGHT TOWN at the moment I've just reached the poisnous swamps at the bottom.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network

^Pretty much that, I keep going back and forth checking if he's done the dirty deed yet, like a dog squatting down on my lawn.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

StokedUp said:
When does lautrec kill the muted girl? I never let him out the cell but he has escaped anyway and he's currently sitting opposite the muted girl in the FIRELINK SHRINE. I'm currently in BLIGHT TOWN at the moment I've just reached the poisnous swamps at the bottom.

It's about to happen then, the moment he kills anastacia happens anytime after you finish The Depths. Supposedly he's an humanity seeker and he kills anyone that has an high humanity (information given by patches 2.0). And yes, he does escape even if you do not rescue him, though you won't get the sunlight medal that way.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Meh, after the epic fight that was Gravelord Nito (he's easy-ish, but the fight's still epic nevertheless), Bed of Chaos was a Dragon God-esque type of fight, albeit with no instant kill punch nor any kind of imminent danger >_>. For one of the entities that slew the dragons, you'd think that it will be immensely powerful, but no...

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
StokedUp said:

It's about to happen then, the moment he kills anastacia happens anytime after you finish The Depths. Supposedly he's an humanity seeker and he kills anyone that has an high humanity (information given by patches 2.0). And yes, he does escape even if you do not rescue him, though you won't get the sunlight medal that way.

Ok, and then I have to pick up the black orb that's left behind and wait till i progress to a certain part in the game and enter the painted world so I can defeat Lautrec and get back her soul to revive her right??

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:
lestatdark said:
StokedUp said:

Ok, and then I have to pick up the black orb that's left behind and wait till i progress to a certain part in the game and enter the painted world so I can defeat Lautrec and get back her soul to revive her right??

You don't need to enter the Painted World at all, it's an optional area. The Black Orb will ressonate when you're in the area before the boss of Anor Londo, but make sure you kill all the enemies in that area first. Defeat Lautrec and don't ever use the Fire Keeper Soul you get from him, or you won't be able to revive her.

Current PC Build