By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

lestatdark said:
Crap, I can't exit the Painted World of aramis without finishing it >_>. No heads-up, no questions asked, just examined a big, scary-ass painting and puff, inside I went D:

Where is it? also has anyone had thier orb light up s0o they can go get the fire keepers soul back?

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
lestatdark said:
Crap, I can't exit the Painted World of aramis without finishing it >_>. No heads-up, no questions asked, just examined a big, scary-ass painting and puff, inside I went D:

Where is it? also has anyone had thier orb light up s0o they can go get the fire keepers soul back?

I believe that happens right before the battle with Smourg and Ornsteinn. The painted world of aramis is located in the church on the early part of Anor Londo, it's a massive skull-themed painting on the ground floor, protected by a lot of white ninjas called Painting Keepers, but you need the Peculiar Doll located on the Undead Asylum (revisit) on the cell you started the game for the painting to react.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Here's a video of how my character was when I reached Anor Londo for the first time. Notice that the Stamina bar is bigger than the Health bar (and for good reason ).

Edit - nvm. Sorry for the quality, it was filmed with my laptop's camera. Best seen on 720p

Edit 2 - Add another Black Phantom NPC invader, King Jeremiah on Painted World of Aramis. He's a magic caster, uses Chaos Firestor, Chaos Fire Bolt and Chaos Combustion and drops Notched Whip and 30K souls.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

So.....I just killed Quellag or whatever, trying to figure out where to go next. Don't wanna do Sen's fortress. I don't know where the "Grand Hallow" people speak of is :(

lestatdark said:

Here's a video of how my character was when I reached Anor Londo for the first time. Notice that the Stamina bar is bigger than the Health bar (and for good reason ).

Edit - nvm. Sorry for the quality, it was filmed with my laptop's camera. Best seen on 720p

Edit 2 - Add another Black Phantom NPC invader, King Jeremiah on Painted World of Aramis. He's a magic caster, uses Chaos Firestor, Chaos Fire Bolt and Chaos Combustion and drops Notched Whip and 30K souls.

Damn your characters strong.

Around the Network

Also.........

Where did the mute girl go? I wanted to go upgrade my flasks a second time and she wasn't there...just a body

EncodedNybble said:
So.....I just killed Quellag or whatever, trying to figure out where to go next. Don't wanna do Sen's fortress. I don't know where the "Grand Hallow" people speak of is :(

The Great Hollow is located on the left side of the swamp of Blightown. There's a root going upwards guarded by three big snails. If you follow that root up to a treasure, hit the left side wall to reveal a passageway to a chest. Hit the wall behind the chest to find the passage to the Great Hollow.

A big, big piece of advice. The Great Hollow leads to Ash Lake which is a big dead end, meaning you'll have to climb back of the The Great Hollow and go back through Blightown if you want to continue exploring the rest of the areas. It took me two hours to go through the Great Hollow&Ash Lake and back, so you better be sure that's where you want to go next. 

I strongly recommend you going through the Darkroot Garden/Basin first.

Also, the mute girl in Firelink Shrine has been killed by Lautrec, the knight you released on Undead Parish. You'll have to check her corpse and you'll gaing a Black Eye Orb which will resonante when it's time to kill Lautrec. 

@Mad55 - Trust me, she'll be stronger by the end of Anor Londo

Current PC Build

I assumed as much (Lautrec). Someone wrote a warning "Beward of prisoner" outside his cell and I figured it would just attack me so I released him and prepared to fight. Doh :( Ok, basin it is then. I can farm some souls around there anyway :)

lestatdark said:
EncodedNybble said:

The Great Hollow is located on the left side of the swamp of Blightown. There's a root going upwards guarded by three big snails. If you follow that root up to a treasure, hit the left side wall to reveal a passageway to a chest. Hit the wall behind the chest to find the passage to the Great Hollow.

A big, big piece of advice. The Great Hollow leads to Ash Lake which is a big dead end, meaning you'll have to climb back of the The Great Hollow and go back through Blightown if you want to continue exploring the rest of the areas. It took me two hours to go through the Great Hollow&Ash Lake and back, so you better be sure that's where you want to go next. 

Also, the mute girl in Firelink Shrine has been killed by Lautrec, the knight you released on Undead Parish. You'll have to check her corpse and you'll gaing a Black Eye Orb which will resonante when it's time to kill Lautrec. 

my friend gave me a heads up on Lautrec so I already killed him...so I guess I can't do the quest...

arcane_chaos said:
lestatdark said:
EncodedNybble said:

my friend gave me a heads up on Lautrec so I already killed him...so I guess I can't do the quest...

So she didn't die in your game then. You won't be able to do the rite of rekindling, only on NG+ (plus you'll miss the chance to gain Lautrec's set).

@Else - Finally got out of the Painted World of Aramis. Kinda made me sad to kill the boss there, as she only wanted to live in peace with the creatures inside the painting. Still, I need her soul for weapon forging and it gave me a trophy as well, so I'll spare her in NG+. Plus, she was invisible the entire fight >_>.

Btw, Priscilla's tail also has another weapon. It's extremely difficult to cut it though, since she stays invisible during the fight. I got it by sheer luck.

Current PC Build