By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

lestatdark said:
Defeated the Gargoyles quite easily. Only died once, because they pincer attacked me with double flame-breath attacks, but the second time I took care of the first Gargoyle before the next could come close.

The Gargoyle's Tail Axe looks amazing, I just need a few points in Dex to use it.

how do you obtain such a fine weaponry from an animals tail, mr. biologist?

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
lestatdark said:
Defeated the Gargoyles quite easily. Only died once, because they pincer attacked me with double flame-breath attacks, but the second time I took care of the first Gargoyle before the next could come close.

The Gargoyle's Tail Axe looks amazing, I just need a few points in Dex to use it.

Well, to get the Gargoyle's Tail Axe you need to cut off the tail of the first Gargoyle by attacking it there. You'll only need 2 -3 attacks though.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Player1x3 said:
lestatdark said:

Well, to get the Gargoyle's Tail Axe you need to cut off the tail of the first Gargoyle by attacking it there. You'll only need 2 -3 attacks though.

so i just swing my sword at the tail blindly, or can you lock on the tail?

Player1x3 said:
lestatdark said:
Player1x3 said:
lestatdark said:

so i just swing my sword at the tail blindly, or can you lock on the tail?

It's easier if you don't use lock-on at all, since you'll only lock-on to the main body. Just dodge his sidesweep attacks and take potshots at the tail.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

ok, thanks, i'll try that

Around the Network

Does anyone know if the Undead Dragon on Valley of the Drakes drops anything special (like the Drake Sword from the tail of the Red Dragon on the undead burg? I'm almost killing him but I'm reticent of doing it.

Current PC Build

Well, at least Quelaag is challenging xD.

Edit - Defeatd her on my 3rd try. Just had to make sure to take advantage of the entire arena so there was room to move around when she floods the place with lava and then does her OHKO AOE attack.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:

Edit - Defeatd her on my 3rd try. Just had to make sure to take advantage of the entire arena so there was room to move around when she floods the place with lava and then does her OHKO AOE attack.

i've found quite a good way to kill her laughing ^^ .. when she spits fire, run away, but if she melee's,.. move as close to the right side of the spiders head as possible, she wont hit you, all attacks will land on the ground behind you. ^^ and that straight slash wont hit either, since she does it in front of her.

@else: LOL! xD.. i got raped, pretty hard. 2 words, Sen's Fortress. i was like 'HAHA U STUPID TRAPS WONT GET ME! .. and i was like 2 hours in, proceeding with crazy cautiousness.. (I was in front of the Bosses Fog already, but i went back a bit to search for a Bonfire).. and then there was that DAMN Elevator, moving up, coming back, and then moving down. i waited for him to come back from below, stepped onto it, and up we go.. so i thought. there were spikes on the roof! xD.. and i was like WTF?.. but then i noticed that, already beeing on the way back down, they didnt kill me, in fact, they did maybe 200 points of damage. and i smiled like hell, while stepping out on the bottomlevel, and i see that.. treasure chest. and i thought to myself 'Not getting killed by traps, surviving AE Fire damage.. this is my lucky day! Sure, theres an epic weapon in there!'.. and when i opened it, that god damn chest ATE me..

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:
lestatdark said:

i've found quite a good way to kill her laughing ^^ .. when she spits fire, run away, but if she melee's,.. move as close to the right side of the spiders head as possible, she wont hit you, all attacks will land on the ground behind you. ^^ and that straight slash wont hit either, since she does it in front of her.

Yeah that was the same strategy I used, the problem was that the first two times I didn't use the arena well, so she would surround all the area around us with lava and there was no way to escape the AOE attack. On the 3rd try every time she filling the area with too much lava I would run to the opposite side of the arena which was lava free.

Current PC Build

ok ive just defeated the bell Gargoyles and managed to get the tail axe and the gargoyle helm (which looks awesome and defence stats are good aswell) off them. Ive rang the bell. Where should i head to now?? im SL27

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website