By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

A question for everybody. How do you feel about the change of responsiveness of the controls compared to Demon's Souls?

I have to say I got a bit disappointed as movement and combat doesn't feel as heavy anymore.
It's a drastic change. Demons Souls movement felt very slow and heavy (but was still very accurate and most of all it felt "right". I am a guy who praise KZ2 controls. I adore the controls of Demons Souls and KZ2, they're the best in gaming). While Dark Souls response is extremely quick and "light".

You can change camera sensitivy (right stick) from Options but unfortunately you can't lower the sensitivty of character movement (left stick) to try to mimic Demon's Souls. Hopefully I get used to it.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

A question for everybody. How do you feel about the change of responsiveness of the controls compared to Demon's Souls?

I have to say I got a bit disappointed as movement and combat doesn't feel as heavy anymore.
It's a drastic change. Demons Souls movement felt very slow and heavy (but was still very accurate and most of all it felt "right". I am a guy who praise KZ2 controls. I adore the controls of Demons Souls and KZ2, they're the best in gaming). While Dark Souls response is extremely quick and "light".

You can change camera sensitivy (right stick) from Options but unfortunately you can't lower the sensitivty of character movement (left stick) to try to mimic Demon's Souls. Hopefully I get used to it.

the only thing that i think has become faster is the enemy, i didnt feel any increase of speed with my character, if using the same type of armor and weapon like i did in dark souls. its almost the opposite, since my dodge has become slower. (have to unequip my shield at the moment, to get the most fluid roll lol)

btw, its so awesome that u can jump in dark souls xD

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:
Slimebeast said:

the only thing that i think has become faster is the enemy, i didnt feel any increase of speed with my character, if using the same type of armor and weapon like i did in dark souls. its almost the opposite, since my dodge has become slower. (have to unequip my shield at the moment, to get the most fluid roll lol)

You can jump? I didn't realize that. How?

I played a lightly equipped character in Demons Souls and it still felt slow and heavy (and awesome) like I described. I have only played Cleric in Dark Souls, maybe I should try a knight but I dont think it will make a difference because they changed the responsiveness plain and simple,.

Slimebeast said:
Crystalchild said:
Slimebeast said:

Press Circle While Running. :)

(Dont know if it works with heavy armor though, for those who have, i am running around in epic leathergear)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:
Slimebeast said:
Crystalchild said:
Slimebeast said:

Press Circle While Running. :)

(Dont know if it works with heavy armor though, for those who have, i am running around in epic leathergear)

Actually jumping is a pretty epic dodging move when pulled properly. It saved my ass when I got mobbed by the Boar and two Armoured Zombies at the start of the Undead Parish XD. Jumped between the Zombies, backstabbed both, dodged another ram by the Boar, went up the stairs at the right side and impaled the Boar from up there XD. Got myself a nifty Boar Helmet that I cannot use still

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

FML....

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Slimebeast said:

I think From has said that stats affect your movement more than in Demon's Souls this time around,  may that be a cause?

I'm rocking that Ornstein's armor literally like a BOSS!

ctalkeb said:
Slimebeast said:

I think From has said that stats affect your movement more than in Demon's Souls this time around,  may that be a cause?

Yeah that's right. A high dexterity gives you more manuverability when dodging and running and the encumberment effects are more accentuated now when you hit half the total equip weight. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Before I use it, what does a humanity do?

And where do I go from Lordran? :/

I just got killed by some weird ghosts and those annoying skeletons are hard to take down lol. This game is much harder than Demon's Souls.