By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

Guys how do into "New Londo Ruins" ? theres a yellow wall of light blocking the path?

Around the Network
Chevinator123 said:
Guys how do into "New Londo Ruins" ? theres a yellow wall of light blocking the path?

You need to get the lordvessel first and place it at the altar in Kiln before you can open the Yellow fog walls. The lordvessel is located in Anor Londo, after the boss fight there.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I feel pretty stupid barely finding this out!....

All those "single-hit" weapons like the  battle axe....their attack speed goes way up if you're actually hitting targets. Had no idea it applied to all the halberd weapons too, was wondering why they had that horrible staggering animation :z  Never bothered to try them in combat.

Now I'm actually considering using a morningstar just for the bleed effect, which is so much stronger in this game.

Chevinator123 said:

Those yellow walls go down once you beat Smough/Ornstein. Keep in mind that if you wanna join the Darkwraith covenant, DON'T talk to Frampt after getting the lordvessel. If you kill the 4 Kings boss with the lordvessel while not having talked to Frampt, you'll get the opportunity to join/leave the darkwraiths whenever you want. If you plan on doing lots of pvp, you'll defniitely wanna do all that.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Wow, Smough and ornstein are putting up a much better fight in NG+, my first playthrough I defeated them on my first try but so far I've died 5 times in NG+. I'll try again later when I get home from work. I don't think it helped that I was slightly drunk from a party I'd just come home from
:)

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Reached Smough & Ornstein last night and I see what everyone's talking about. Tried about 15 times so far, ironically my closest chance was the first.

Around the Network
blunty51 said:
Reached Smough & Ornstein last night and I see what everyone's talking about. Tried about 15 times so far, ironically my closest chance was the first.

Oh they are so much worse in NG+. You haven't seen jack yet >.<

Even though Dark Soul's is apparently "harder" then Demon's Souls never once did I actually feel that way. The game never puts you in a position where death is simply unfair.

God I hope they make more of these games.

Wagram said:
Even though Dark Soul's is apparently "harder" then Demon's Souls never once did I actually feel that way. The game never puts you in a position where death is simply unfair.

God I hope they make more of these games.

To be honest, I'm replaying Demon's Souls and I also aren't encountering any cheap and unfair death situation (except maybe the one where you have to die no matter what, be it with the tutorial Vanguard or the Dragon God afterwards). 

All in all, I think both games are about equals in terms of challenge. Dark Souls has bigger mobs and "smarter" enemies, but you also have a more varied disposition of moves, weaponry and magic to deal with situations than you had on Demon's Souls. 

I agree, I hope they continue with the Souls legacy, but I would also like From Software to develop a new King's Field game.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Well I found out how to team up with my cousin thanks to this vid-

gggg

Some what of a hassel at times, but it doesn indeed work. I just hope the incoming patch makes a difference >.>

Wagram said:
blunty51 said:

Oh they are so much worse in NG+. You haven't seen jack yet >.<

Great, so much to look forward to hehe.

Also I agree that the game is fair as well, there has only been one instance imo where I felt they didn't give me a chance, by the Hellkite Dragon the first time he flies over. Yea I died instantly even though I had a good feeling he was coming and ran.