By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Dark Souls Thread - .....It Begins

Nuuuuu! I'm at the end of the game. Well it's trophy hunting time!

Definitely my GOTY though. Just wish that those certain areas didn't have slowdown.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
Nuuuuu! I'm at the end of the game. Well it's trophy hunting time!

Definitely my GOTY though. Just wish that those certain areas didn't have slowdown.

It seems that there areas in which slowdown is proeminent when you're playing online, although in areas like the Swamps in Blightown also have slowdowns even offline. It's a shame, but not detrimental to the game at all. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Seath the scaleless was pretty easy. The only thing hard about him was figuring out how to take off his tail which was pretty easy once I figured out how to do it.

Wagram said:
Seath the scaleless was pretty easy. The only thing hard about him was figuring out how to take off his tail which was pretty easy once I figured out how to do it.

Yeah, but you had to cut his tail and win the fight at the same time in order for the item to appear. I searched his tail over and over again while the fight was still on and couldn't find the sword. 

It's a pretty good sword for Int builds, since it scales A for Int and only requires a low Str to wield. Plus since it's damage is pure Magic, if the opponent doesn't have good magic resistance, it can hurt, a lot.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Is there only 1 white fog gate at the final area? I'm just farming Black Knights and I don't want to go through it if Gwyn is in there.

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Wagram said:

Yeah, but you had to cut his tail and win the fight at the same time in order for the item to appear. I searched his tail over and over again while the fight was still on and couldn't find the sword. 

It's a pretty good sword for Int builds, since it scales A for Int and only requires a low Str to wield. Plus since it's damage is pure Magic, if the opponent doesn't have good magic resistance, it can hurt, a lot.

Not true. I found the item hidden inside the cut tail. :P

I picked it up and then died due to a massive tail rage attack.

Wagram said:
lestatdark said:
Wagram said:

Not true. I found the item hidden inside the cut tail. :P

I picked it up and then died due to a massive tail rage attack.

Ah, nice to know it's possible to get it without having to win the fight too. I tried a lot to get it during the fight, but just couldn't. Probably didn't help that Seath kept tossing that damn thing around >_>. 

And yes, there's only one Fog gate in Kiln. Once you're through either you kill Gwyn (and then it's game over) or you die.

Current PC Build

If you chop off the Gaping Dragons tail you get a super duper mega gigantic mega super axe with attack power of 360

Smough's set is so good yet so freaking ugly. I don't know if I feel like wearing it :p. Also, damn centipede demon was a bitch. Slowdowns + Lava + boss = omgwtfbqq. Although I beat him on my first try ( I feel proud). Just asking, Centipede demon doesn't have any other items other than that lava right, right? Cause I read messages about cutting the tail or something, but I don't recall ever cutting one. Maybe Knight Solaire did it.

Im at lost izalith now, and I hate lava. Hurts my eyes.

spurgeonryan said:
luvtospooge said:
Smough's set is so good yet so freaking ugly. I don't know if I feel like wearing it :p. Also, damn centipede demon was a bitch. Slowdowns + Lava + boss = omgwtfbqq. Although I beat him on my first try ( I feel proud). Just asking, Centipede demon doesn't have any other items other than that lava right, right? Cause I read messages about cutting the tail or something, but I don't recall ever cutting one. Maybe Knight Solaire did it.

Im at lost izalith now, and I have lava. Hurts my eyes.

About how long did it take you to beat the centipede demon? Good luck with the rest!

Hmm I would say between 5-10minutes, maybe more since I lose track of time when playing Dark Souls.