By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rage Quit - Resistance 3

Tagged games:

Seece said:
forest-spirit said:
One of my biggest problems with modern consoles in a nutshell. This reminds me off my first encounter with GFWL. I just don't have the patience to endure this kind of crap...

Er you wouldn't get half of that on the 360. At most an update (which is one update, never multiple, and they're pretty fast)

Well, most of the time it's not an issue on the 360. Me and my friend ran into one hell of a patch fest when we decided to play some good old Gears last month though. We probably sounded worse than the guy in the vid. My friend hadn't played it in a while so there was tons of stuff to download.

I bet all consoles will be like the PS3 next gen though. Or worse...

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:
Seece said:
forest-spirit said:
One of my biggest problems with modern consoles in a nutshell. This reminds me off my first encounter with GFWL. I just don't have the patience to endure this kind of crap...

Er you wouldn't get half of that on the 360. At most an update (which is one update, never multiple, and they're pretty fast)

Well, most of the time it's not an issue on the 360. Me and my friend ran into one hell of a patch fest when we decided to play some good old Gears last month though. We probably sounded worse than the guy in the vid. My friend hadn't played it in a while so there was tons of stuff to download.

I've never come across multiple patchs on any game on 360, and I've reset my cache a few times and had to update most of my library :-S

Seece said:
forest-spirit said:

I've never come across multiple patchs on any game on 360, and I've reset my cache a few times and had to update most of my library :-S

I think one of them were a system update? I know that we had to go through atleast two update processes but I don't remember if both were related to Gears.

I'm still living in the cartridge era so I suffer more than the average gamer from install/update processes.

forest-spirit said:
Seece said:
forest-spirit said:

wtf?  I never had an game update on my X360 that took longer than a minute, or you are referring to downloading DLC otherwise it is impossible. 

Seece said:
forest-spirit said:
Seece said:
forest-spirit said:

one was a game install (the second one)

one was a day one patch (the first one)

true no xbox game has a mandantory install, but you are still going to run into patches, and if you havent played a game in a while, or got the game late, you will sometimes have to download multiple patches.

and most ps3 fisrt party games either dont have an install or dont require one (GT5 actually had no mandantory install), so thats what makes Resistance so strange, and that huge day one patch certainly didnt help.

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
forest-spirit said:
Seece said:
forest-spirit said:

wtf?  I never had an game update on my X360 that took longer than a minute, or you are referring to downloading DLC otherwise it is impossible. 

Perhaps your internet is faster.

osamanobama said:
Seece said:
forest-spirit said:
Seece said:
forest-spirit said:

true no xbox game has a mandantory install, but you are still going to run into patches, and if you havent played a game in a while, or got the game late, you will sometimes have to download multiple patches. and the length of time a patch takes is entirely dependent upon you internet speed and the size of the patch (obviously in this case the patch was of significant size, i think 650mb)

and most ps3 fisrt party games either dont have an install or dont require one (GT5 actually had no mandantory install), so thats what makes Resistance so strange, and that huge day one patch certainly didnt help.

osamanobama said:
Seece said:
forest-spirit said:
Seece said:
forest-spirit said:

true no xbox game has a mandantory install, but you are still going to run into patches, and if you havent played a game in a while, or got the game late, you will sometimes have to download multiple patches.

No, they bundle it all into one patch ....

Seece said:
osamanobama said:
Seece said:
forest-spirit said:
Seece said:
forest-spirit said:

No, they bundle it all into one patch ....

thats a pretty cool thing.

i wonder if it makes it any faster (it seems like it would still be the same amount of data)

Well, the 360 use to have a size restriction on patches to where they could be over something like 4 megs and that was only done away with within the last year so that's probably why you don't see too many 700 meg patches on the 360.