By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - wii sold as many as the gamecube

How can a system be more powerful than itself? Also: it's spelled "sequel". No A's.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network

Actually, the wii will have to hold it's sales very steady to beat the ps2 total sales.

Wii has sold 20M in 55-60 weeks. That's about 350k/week in average.

Ps2 came out about july 00.

Untill july 07 it had sold about 110 million machines. That's seven years or 364 weeks. That's 304k/week.

On the other hand, the DS has 65 million in 162 weeks, that's 400k/week.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

how do u all think it will be the best sold console ever if they do 20 mil/year it wouold still take 5 more years i dont think it will ever happen before wii2 comes out

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

The ones buying Wii are just Gamecube and Nintendo fans; Wii should stop selling soon as it's a fad too.

wii will be nintys first console that will sell more then its predessecor

Around the Network

Good for Nintendo. While it should comfortably beat Nintendo 64 sales I think it's a bit early to say if it will go over 100 million let alone past the ps2. Keep in mind that the ps2 has sold close to 120 million and it should be on the market for another 3 years.

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Actually, the wii will have to hold it's sales very steady to beat the ps2 total sales.

Wii has sold 20M in 55-60 weeks. That's about 350k/week in average.

Ps2 came out about july 00.

Untill july 07 it had sold about 110 million machines. That's seven years or 364 weeks. That's 304k/week.

On the other hand, the DS has 65 million in 162 weeks, that's 400k/week.

I think this chart pretty much says it all

The DS has consistently tracked ahead of the PS2 and the Wii has consistently tracked ahead of the DS. Both of these systems will outsell the PS2 since they both will continue to sell even after their successors are available as the PS2 has done.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
matheousse said:
and in the end pf 2008 more than N64

at the end of 2008 it even has a shot of beating snes

^
Heh, I was going to post the same.

But I would say it is way to early to call for the wii being the best selling console ever. It has the potential, and the momentum to do it, but you never know what will happen.

My chance-o-meter predicts a 73.31415926% chance of it happening

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
routsounmanman said:
The ones buying Wii are just Gamecube and Nintendo fans; Wii should stop selling soon as it's a fad too.

omg.....sorry to mess up your dream but please....

come on.......can you even compare game cube with wii?? game cube had no wii-fit, no 3rd party support and almost  NOTHING.......wii has all the fun.....

i'm sorry, but i'm sure wii will sell even more than the ps2......i know many people that own a wii and not own game cube.....

wii won't stop selling before 4-5, as it's popularity increases by time.....sales will be high! 

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!