By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Wallstreet potest - police roughing up people

Looks a lot like Toronto G20.

Around the Network

To protect and serve.

Will people ever figure out how to keep things peaceful without using violence?

Awesome protest America, really effective stuff. The use of internet memes will surely bring the banks to their knees.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Thats ridiculous Most cops suck.

made it about 5 mins in....i dont see any issue here

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
SvennoJ said:
To protect and serve.

Will people ever figure out how to keep things peaceful without using violence?

I doubt it. I do know that usually when police take an undercover approach, people usually do not get violent and dissorderly. Probably because they have no one to do battle with.

Yeah that works a lot better then using intimidation tactics which only riles up the crowd. Putting up a big wall of blue with riot shields presents a big target. It would be more useful if all those police officers walk with the crowd. More chance to quickly identify the few people hiding behind anonimity stirring up the crowd into violent behaviour.

Of course even if the demonstration is peaceful the police have other interests like keeping Wall street open. When there's a choice in letting protesters peacefully close down an important institution for a while or using intimidation and violence to prevent that, it's always the latter that happens.

leatherhat said:
Awesome protest America, really effective stuff. The use of internet memes will surely bring the banks to their knees.

U MAD BRO???? (LOL TAKE THAT WALL STREET)

I stayed home that day lol

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

God I hate these self-righteous protesters always looking to stir up trouble and then blaming police when things start getting out of hand.

"Who are you protecting?!?"

Probably the thousands of people just trying to get to work and go about their business, and not have to worry about taking abuse from some snot-nosed college punks living off of mommy and daddy's allowance.

Funny that you never ever see the cops being called in at a Tea Party rally for example which, depending on the location and event, can have anywhere from a few hundred to tens of thousands of participants, yet they never seem to have problems clashing with police. Meanwhile, you can't get a couple dozen of these types of protesters together without somebody trying to start something with the cops.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Meh, that wasn't much of a protest. And I can't say I'm surprised to see stuff like this happen.