By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you do when the electricity goes out?

either i grab my psp or nds , or teach my cat how to catch a speeding bullet i.e if the boredom gets really bad. love cats XD.

Around the Network

I've never experienced a power outage. Though I do feel for my parents generation, with the 3 day week and everything.

PSP or DS if not go to a friends house that has electricity.

Typically if the power goes out where I live it will be many hours, or days till it is restored. It tends to happen two or three times a year. How I pass the time is simple enough I read a book, take a nap, hang out with the family, or play board games. Some of you remember those right. Power outages aren't a curse, but a opportunity. The best part of power outages is the parties. You gotta cook it before it spoils.

Step out of my room, into the building entrance, kick it back in.

Around the Network

I try to find the flash light and it's usually back on by the time I find it, then I go around the house setting all the clocks again. It usually fails for a minute or so during big thunder storms, I don't know why they don't bury the power cables?

The longest our power was ever out was during the blackout in 2003. Since we lived on the same block as the hospital we had power back before night fall. A lot of people were spending their time in their cars with the airco on, listening to music.

We had our evening of board games planned, and then the tv came back on, followed by the internet, back to Everquest.

Jay520 said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
I masturbate...violently.

I'm a firm believer in nonviolent masturbation. Your post is very offensive. I spit at your post statement!

*Jay520 spits on his computer screen*

DAMN YOU LOGIC!

OT: I've never experienced a power outage, but if one did happen, then I assume I would probably freak out. First I would yell at my TV & other electronics. Then, I would grab my TV & throw it around in a King-Kong-like manner. Once I've realized the pwer is out, It would probably be hard for me to breathe; the air would become thin; I would start sweating profusively; my body would shake uncontrollably; my tongue would swell and I would lose the ability to speak properly; I'd go on a mass rampage eating the fingers, toes, niples, penisses, & other appendages I see; my knees would give out & finally, my bowels would likely release in a violent manner.

After those events, I would likely just sit there as my brain falls into a lifeless, coma-like state, all while sitting in my own poo, until the power is restored. I'd likely die if the power isn't restored within 48 hours.

Well!  Im offended by your offendedness! hah!

Jerk off.....or take a drive. Depends on the mood lol

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Goes in this order

Play DS if not
Play with phone if not
use laptop if not
Go chill at a friend's house if not
Go outside and do something with my life(Like find a cure to something)

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I'm from Argentina, and in Summer the power outage are pretty common, the average it's around 4hs but when i was a child there were several cases the lights go out for days. I remember i played pokemon cards with friends and candles :P
Now I have a PSP, so i just play to PSP until the battery goes out or the lights are on again. I also usually sleep when this happen hoping to wake up and find my electricity back :D

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin