By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Remakes and their Rewards

Tagged games:

MasterVG71782 said:
It's a blatant cash-in on the market of HD remastered games.

Very true, I myself have been developing a trophy list for Resident Evil 4, just a scribble which would have been comparable to the trophy listing for Resident Evil 5 including extra trophies for the extra mini games (Mercenaries, Seperate Ways, Assignment Ada etc).

Move Support would have been excellent, including a similar online coop segement with mercenaries, Resident Evil is such a fantastic franchise and Capcom just seems to be doing a lot wrong in the handling with it as of late.

Playstation gaming for 18 years this 2012

Around the Network
Jedidiah-Rose said:
MasterVG71782 said:
It's a blatant cash-in on the market of HD remastered games.

Very true, I myself have been developing a trophy list for Resident Evil 4, just a scribble which would have been comparable to the trophy listing for Resident Evil 5 including extra trophies for the extra mini games (Mercenaries, Seperate Ways, Assignment Ada etc).

Move Support would have been excellent, including a similar online coop segement with mercenaries, Resident Evil is such a fantastic franchise and Capcom just seems to be doing a lot wrong in the handling with it as of late.

Capcom is doing a lot of wrong with handling their franchises lately, so it's not just limited to Resident Evil. Cancelling two Mega Man projects (most likely because of petty differences with Inafune), the plethora of releases of their fighting games, and the fact that they seem to have forgotten some key franchises from the past (I know they may not sell well, but downloadable versions of those games might do good).

just sad, its all confusing...

It saddens me that one of my favorite games of all time is being outright ignored by some for something as minor as trophies.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
It saddens me that one of my favorite games of all time is being outright ignored by some for something as minor as trophies.

Resident Evil 4? It's been released on THREE systems before this HD re-release, and many people have played it to the point where they can probably run through it blindfolded. What incentive is there is pay $20 again other than something like trophies/achievements?

Around the Network
MasterVG71782 said:
Dgc1808 said:

Resident Evil 4? It's been released on THREE systems before this HD re-release, and many people have played it to the point where they can probably run through it blindfolded. What incentive is there is pay $20 again other than something like trophies/achievements?

Now that is an excellent point in Resident Evil 4 HD's case. I think people underestimate the value trophies/achievments add to games.

Playstation gaming for 18 years this 2012

MasterVG71782 said:
Dgc1808 said:

You're telling me people pay 20$ for a chance to obtain a platinum trophy in single game?

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
MasterVG71782 said:
Dgc1808 said:

You're telling me people pay 20$ for a chance to obtain a platinum trophy in single game?

Some people will pay that (they pay $60 for some crappy games for trophies/achievements), but it's extra incentive to people who have played the game a lot before to get the game again. There's also the fact that so many games are out/coming out, that not really having anything new for the game turns them off from purchasing it again.

MasterVG71782 said:
Dgc1808 said:

what is the incentive for paying 20 for this game period? there are much cheaper options

I downloaded RE4 the day it came out because of impulse. Turned out, the game looked great in HD. It seems at home with other 7th gen games (aside from the lack of right analog aiming). It had Achievements added bur nothing more for $20.

Out of curiosity, I looked at other Xbox games available for download. Xbox 1 games, mind you, not the 360 games, XBLA games, or Indie games. There's a TON of Xbox 1 that feature nothing more than upscaled graphics. The ones I saw all cost $15. So, for a game that was denied from Xbox 1 owners (not me-I owned a Gamecube and a PS2 and a Wii!) making its Xbox brand debut and tossing in a full 1000 Achievement points, $20 doesn't seem so bad.

Or M$ is just overcharging for Xbox 1 games. One or the other.