By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls Is Bigger Than Skyrim

since im to lazy to copy  my rant over here and it would probbable be tacky I will summarize it. STOP being biased about skyrim. I mean god use actual facts from SKYRIM not OBLIVION. I would like to see an actual fair comparison when the games come out, but until then F*ck all of you Biased Bast*rds.

Around the Network

This has been a Day 1 thing for me.I knew once Sony acquired Namco Bandai to create Demon Soul's exclusively to PS3 I knew this would be the Elder Scrolls killer. I've been saying this to myself(lol)for the past month Demon Soul's is better than Oblivion.

Too many assumptions in this thread. Can we just leave it at Dark Souls looks way bigger then the reviewer expected but still maintains Demon's soul's charm, unique content and difficulty.

enrageorange said:
I've read many articles and I'm quite shocked to say this one might be the most biased one I've ever read. Don't get me wrong I am excited for dark souls, but this author just randomly praises everything while assuming the worst from skyrim.

Actually, this might be the most biased Dark Souls vs. Skyrim article ever written.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1196353p1.html

EDIT: Looks like I'm not the only one who noticed it though. Whoops!

Personally, I'm excited for both games. I never had the chance to play Demon's Souls because I don't own a PS3 so I'm happy to see Dark Souls get a Xbox 360 release. And since it's coming out over a month before Skyrim, I don't see why I can't play and love both! This fall gaming season is getting so crowded though. Between Skyrim, DS, and now SWTOR, poor Batman: Arkham City might have to wait a while before I actually play it.

"But I don't want to go among mad people!" said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat. "We're all mad here."

Follow me on Twitter! @stefaniefogel

I've been reading on both and being a big RPG fan, I wanted to get one of the two. I'll admit, I played oblivion and hated it. After 1 hour, I couldn't take it, it bored the crap out of me. I never played demon's soul as well but from what I heard, it sounds so much more appealing and interesting than Skyrim/oblivion. Skyrim, to me, sounds like it's been done before. The setting, gameplay, the lore, all of it sounds recycled. Again, my opinion. Dark souls sounds much more intricate, unique and rewarding. So while I still don't know which to get, from what I've heard, Dark souls sounds like the better choice for newcomers, even if it is unforgiving.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
Areym said:

I've been reading on both and being a big RPG fan, I wanted to get one of the two. I'll admit, I played oblivion and hated it. After 1 hour, I couldn't take it, it bored the crap out of me. I never played demon's soul as well but from what I heard, it sounds so much more appealing and interesting than Skyrim/oblivion. Skyrim, to me, sounds like it's been done before. The setting, gameplay, the lore, all of it sounds recycled. Again, my opinion. Dark souls sounds much more intricate, unique and rewarding. So while I still don't know which to get, from what I've heard, Dark souls sounds like the better choice for newcomers, even if it is unforgiving.

Can't agree more. But I'm still optimistic about Skyrim, it just looks so amazing. And it's gotta be better than the worst "AAA" game of this generation (Oblivion).

I am the Playstation Avenger.

adriane23 said:
Areym said:

Can't agree more. But I'm still optimistic about Skyrim, it just looks so amazing. And it's gotta be better than the worst "AAA" game of this generation (Oblivion).

I thought the worst AAA game of this generation was duke nukem forever (they called it AAA before release lol) 

Deadlikeme said:
adriane23 said:
Areym said:

I thought the worst AAA game of this generation was duke nukem forever (they called it AAA before release lol) 

Naw it was scored accordingly and received little to no accolades when the finished product was released. The media ignored the game crashing bugs, non-existent story, and clumsy gameplay of Oblivion to give it "Game of the Year" awards and a high metacritic score.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

biased article is biased, how can they say that skyrim areas feels recycled??

when it comes to darksoul i want it, but i dont like extremly hard games that will make you a women

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

x_DMX_x said:
This has been a Day 1 thing for me.I knew once Sony acquired Namco Bandai to create Demon Soul's exclusively to PS3 I knew this would be the Elder Scrolls killer. I've been saying this to myself(lol)for the past month Demon Soul's is better than Oblivion.

demon souls released in 2009 and is a 3rd person rpg, oblivion released in 2006 and is a first person rpg(their is 3rd person view but meh)

Being in 3rd place never felt so good