By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why does the xbox360 is so LOUD when it runs? AND why.....

does this console need that big a** power adapter? Maybe im not the first to ask this,but WHY? The PS3 has simple plug ins and its runs SO QUIET! I luv my PS3,so simple,so quiet,so blu-ray,so many more features! Blockbuster even rents blu-ray discs,not hd dvds and sales for the week are more and more than the xbox360 hardware.PS3 is MORE BANG FOR THE BUCK!!!!!!! Driven2excel

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

Around the Network

Because it came out a year earlier

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

About the noise: it's made by MS.

About the power adapter: The only reason the PS3 doesn't have one like that is because most of its' power source is built-in to the console. The PS3 weighs pretty much the same as 360+Power adapter.

MrPickles said:
About the noise: it's made by MS.

About the power adapter: The only reason the PS3 doesn't have one like that is because most of its' power source is built-in to the console. The PS3 weighs pretty much the same as 360+Power adapter.

NAHHHH,i still believe the PS3 weighs more than the xbox360.I have picked up both.But they said the xbox360 with the new chip in t would make it run quieter,i would hate to have an old version xbox360!

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

The sound is quite soothing once you get used to it.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

Around the Network

I've always stood by the claim that the Playstation 3 is a technological marvel. Sony has some pretty talented engineers.

To answer your question: The Xbox 360 was somewhat rushed to the market and Microsoft is primarily a software company. Still doesn't change anything though and I think one can look past these minor issues.

RSEagle said:

I CANT GET USE TO A JET ENGINE BLARRHING IN MY EAR WHEN IM TRYIN TO HEAR SOMEONE ON MY HEADSET PLAYIN COD4!!!!!!!! Maybe its just me.But Halo 3 has great graphics an upside the xb360 has.

RSEagle said:

Not really. It sounds like someone shredding a guitar, scratching a blackboard, and a baby screaching all at once... especially when the disc is turning inside!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

the sound is not the fan, but the dvd drive. A 65nm chip would not help quieten the Xbox360 down at all.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Yeah, it's the DVD drive. The fan noise isn't that loud at all. The fan on my 60gig PS3 is much louder than my 360. Certain games seem to be louder on the 360 than others when I play too (I'm looking at you COD4)

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection