By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre Order Chart - 17th September

yo_john117 said:

Yeah that's a couple week old article.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/08/29/gears-of-war-3-makes-360-pre-order-history.aspx

Here is Vgchartz US Gears 3 pre-orders for comparison at that time.

1 Gears of War 3 X360 4 51,712 1,467,247

So if the 1.3 million number is WW numbers than Gears 3 is heavily overtracked, if the 1.3 million is US only than it is slightly under 200k overtracked.

Damn I knew it was too good to be true :/

I rennounce my 3.6-4 million FW prediction to 3-3.5 million FW

Plus, considering this is the last in the trilogy and very hyped, I think more people who are picking this up FW are going to pre-order it than normally would.  I'm guessing it should do about 3 million FW.  And I know some people were hyping this months ago, saying it had a pretty good chance to hit and/or pass 10 million, but I just don't see it.  It will probably go on to add 1-2 million extra units on it than did GeOW2, so my guess would be LT sales of 7-8 million.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
yo_john117 said:
trunkswd said:

Praise me as your favorite VGC writer in your sig!! Ok ok you can just request it, but might be kinda silly as it should be back in the top 20.

Yes but I want to update my F3 vs. F4 pre-order comparison!

Week Forza Motorsports 3 Forza Motorsports 4 Net Difference
5 7,913/69,498 9,778/124,234 1,865/54,736
4 10,853/80,351    
3 13,691/94,042    
2 18,364/112,406    
1 30,974/143,380  

See it's just waiting to be filled up with numbers!!

Hmmm well I can tell you the net difference has grown. When the data for this week comes in next week, just subtract the new pre-orders from the total pre-orders.

Lame so I have to wait until next week >_<

is gears overtracked?

thismeintiel said:
yo_john117 said:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/08/29/gears-of-war-3-makes-360-pre-order-history.aspx

So if the 1.3 million number is WW numbers than Gears 3 is heavily overtracked, if the 1.3 million is US only than it is slightly under 200k overtracked.

Plus, considering this is the last in the trilogy and very hyped, I think more people who are picking this up FW are going to pre-order it than normally would.  I'm guessing it should do about 3 million FW.  And I know some people were hyping this months ago, saying it had a pretty good chance to hit and/or pass 10 million, but I just don't see it.  It will probably go on to add 1-2 million extra units on it than did GeOW2, so my guess would be LT sales of 7-8 million.

Yeah I've always thought that Gears 3 Lifetime would be around 8 million.

thismeintiel said:
yo_john117 said:

3m FW,really man,really?Gears 2 did 1.9m,and Gears 3 up 1.1m?

btw wans't more peoples will buy it at midnight-launch

Around the Network
D-Joe said:
thismeintiel said:
yo_john117 said:

3m FW,really man,really?

Really.

so with those month old (they are a month old right?) Gears of war 3 numbers, (which seems to be US only, i would have to guess, theres no way thats WW, right?), Gears is over Tracked by around 200k.

i wonder how much WW first week will be, its gonna be huge.
too bad Uncharted cant reach these kinds of numbers, for what ever reason

complete random guess (because i dont know how big it is in EMEAA) would be 3.3 million FW WW

osamanobama said:
so with those month old (they are a month old right?) Gears of war 3 numbers, (which seems to be US only, i would have to guess, theres no way thats WW, right?), Gears is over Tracked by around 200k.

if thats US only it would be on spot beucase VGC is Americas numbers

D-Joe said:
osamanobama said:

if thats US only it would be on spot beucase VGC is Americas numbers

I'm 90% sure they are WW numbers.

EGG_OF_D00m said:
is gears overtracked?

Yeah it's looking that way.