By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS Vita Could Have The Power Of A PC

ThePS3News said:
blkfish92 said:
I like how your name is ThePS3News and this is playstation news after all!

ThePS3News will always post playstation news.

And he will also post other things that are interesting and need to be talked about.  :)

All according to plan I see =p

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Narishma said:
That's a BS article, full of hyperbole, half truths and outright lies.

+1.

You just can't compare an ARM CPU to a PC CPU.

Yeah, ARM CPU are better engineered by far.

No. Just no. At best, its CPU may be comparable to a PC CPU but CPU != Vita. There's a lot else going on in there as well. Can't remember exact details but I'm also willing to bet that Vita's CPU is far behind current PC CPUs. Also, like someone said, a direct comparison isn't even possible due to architectural differences.

interesting piece

lol no

Around the Network

Teh Arm...?

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Seems overly biased.

Guy is overly optomistic....ignoring the massive head start of the 3DS and forgetting that its price and games that sell systems......not hardware specs

EDIT: Oh and contemporary pcs cant even run games like Starcraft 2 on max settings. Just saying, the average PC isnt built for heavy duty gaming. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I think Nintendo has already won this next gen handheld, let's acknowledge the impact that the new iOS and Android apps have on the dedicated gaming handhelds....done. Now lets focus on the handhelds themselves;

Most of us here on VG chartz either know, have a good knowledge on or like to think we know a lot about gaming, and that's usually because we do, but the several hundred members of this site are not the only members of the gaming community obviously, lots of people know comparatively little in terms of gaming, so most will see the following as it stands right now;

Vita launch 2012 - EMEAA and America gaming audiences "....close!"
At $250! - "hmm, bit much for a handheld? the 3DS is only $160, has more games, my friends have one too and it's got 3D without glasses! Plus I not many people I know had a PSP, everyone had the DS...hmm"
Result - 2016 VGchartz read the following;

WiiU: 50 million +
NextBox: 10 (I'm fully aware it's going to be a lot more....but as I'm besing sarcastic anyway)
PS4: 2,000,000,000 (I can hope?)

3DS: 80 million +
PSVita: 40 million +

While most of this post is sarcastic, surely it's obvious that the way things stand right now, Vita is effectively doomed in it's first year of release to shadow the 3DS, and neither of them will reach the heights of their predecessor's I imagine. 9/10 people who go into gaming right now go into it looking to get what their friends have, what has the most games and what is cheaper.

I for one am getting the Vita though, and the 3DS won't enter my house until the next pokemon games ha

In conclusion the power of a machine has very little to do with sales, if it did the Xbox would have destroyed the PS2, the PS3 & PSP would have put nintendo out of gaming and Microsoft...would have chucked money at the problem for some time to get the failure rate below 70%

Playstation gaming for 18 years this 2012

Solid-Stark said:
Teh Arm...?

ARM holdings a UK based company all the giants supposedly go to them. they design then patent there designs and let people use them.  they build the cpu's to test them and stuuf but they dont actually make and sell them just the rights to the designs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_Holdings

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

sales2099 said:

Seems overly biased.

Guy is overly optomistic....ignoring the massive head start of the 3DS and forgetting that its price and games that sell systems......not hardware specs

EDIT: Oh and contemporary pcs cant even run games like Starcraft 2 on max settings. Just saying, the average PC isnt built for heavy duty gaming.

One year ago, in July 2010, TechSpot did this review.  With an Intel i7-920 running at 3.70GHz, the HD5870 was able to do an average of 60 fps (with a min of 45 fps), on a 2560x1600 res and the settings on Ultra.

Now there are Sandy Bridge CPUs, that run games faster, and the HD6970 or the GTX 580.

Since Vite has not been released yet, what is a contemporary PC for you?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.