By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls early reviews are in -UPDATED 10/4/11- with vids!!

Tagged games:

GameOver22 said:

This is a day one purchase regardless of reviews.

As far as what they can improve, I'd say:
1. Rework the online component. It just needs to be easier to connect with your friends. All they need to do is make a party type system rather than making players drop soul signs to get summoned.
2. Less glitches, particularly how you can kill some bosses with cheap tactics (Maneater and the False King come to mind).
3. Improved balance- At first, Demon's Souls seemed very balanced, but, as I played more, some of the problems became pretty glaring, particularly in PvP.
4. Combo variation is always welcome as well. Demon's Souls is fun, but it would be better if there was some more variation in what combos you can use.

With that said, this is still my most anticipated title, and I plan on pumping a lot of hours into the game.

Definitely good points and I do plan on spending loads of hours!

Also, don't shun me for this, but I feel that voice chat in some way may be nice. Maybe like with people on your friends list who have been on your list for more than month or any other variation?

Around the Network

People buy this it's going to be awesome pump sales for this game so we see a sequel!! Seriously Demon's Souls was kind of lucky!

KylieDog said:
yo_john117 said:
Wow how did they get to review it over half a month before it came out?

Because they give it a good score.

Evaluate?

blkfish92 said:
yo_john117 said:

Apparently Japan (Those damn Japs(No racism lol)) gets it this month on the 22nd, and they can't just release a written review for us to translate too, it's like they want me angry =l

Lol well if thats the case i'm sure some American reviewers will get to review it early. So about a week more before you get an actual review you can read?

For comparison sake, Demon's souls scores are :

Famitsu :
9/7/7/6 = 29/40
Dengeki:
85/95/85/85

It Looks like Dark souls is a serious improvement over Demon's souls, and that's one of my favorite games of all time.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
blkfish92 said:
yo_john117 said:

Apparently Japan (Those damn Japs(No racism lol)) gets it this month on the 22nd, and they can't just release a written review for us to translate too, it's like they want me angry =l

Lol well if thats the case i'm sure some American reviewers will get to review it early. So about a week more before you get an actual review you can read?

Ya I suppose that makes some sense, maybe 2 weeks at max? Still hyped, though this supposed to keep me busy until Zelda!

VXIII said:
For comparison sake, Demon's souls scores are :

Famitsu :
9/7/7/6 = 29/40
Dengeki:
85/95/85/85

Seems like Dark souls is a serious improvement over Demon's souls, and that's one of my favorite games of all time.

Judging by your avatar I can see your rather hyped =D

blkfish92 said:
Solid-Stark said:
blkfish92 said:
Solid-Stark said:
blkfish92 said:
Solid-Stark said:
Argh i still can't decide if day 1 on this. :/

Look at the preorder bonuses they are sweet!

I know, it isnt helping!

Buy it please!! It's going to be the shiz niz, the beez neez!

Haha strongly leaning toward buying.

You should go to youtube and go watch some more gameplay and trailers to hype you up.

Will do!

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Solid-Stark said:
blkfish92 said:
Solid-Stark said:
blkfish92 said:
Solid-Stark said:
blkfish92 said:
Solid-Stark said:
Argh i still can't decide if day 1 on this. :/

Look at the preorder bonuses they are sweet!

I know, it isnt helping!

Buy it please!! It's going to be the shiz niz, the beez neez!

Haha strongly leaning toward buying.

You should go to youtube and go watch some more gameplay and trailers to hype you up.

Will do!

You made me happy =D

blkfish92 said:
yo_john117 said:
blkfish92 said:
yo_john117 said:

Ya I suppose that makes some sense, maybe 2 weeks at max? Still hyped, though this supposed to keep me busy until Zelda!

Well i'm sure it will keep you buys! Heard it was 5 times the size of Demon's Souls. 

Anyways I hope Vgchartz has Dark Souls as one of the prizes for next month.