By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sadness delayed into 2009

Smash_Brother said:
Oh, and don't think your attempt to pull out any bad Nintendo news imaginable has gone unnoticed, Legend. You'll grasp at any straws possible, won't you?

Nibris has a hacked DS which they're running DS code on. I've seen videos of it. However, it gives me no reason to assume that they have any kind of dev status with Nintendo.

Legend's video game preferences aside, bad news, to the extent Sadness being delayed or Nibris being a joke studio can be considerred bad news, is bad news regardless of the messanger.  I don't pay attention to Legend's threads beyond noticing the heavy 360 tilt to them but this isn't one to complain about.  The "2 posters on GAF say Mario Galaxy is short" thread on the other hand...

EDIT:  Despite an edit by smash_brother I think this still largely holds.  While there may not be official evidence of Sadness existing it is something that is discussed enough on forums and I've come across several Wii fans enamored with the game that I think it's still a reasonable thread by Legend, whatever his motivations may be.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:

The following website has a pretty good timeline for Sadness.  What I find kind of strange is that Nibris isn't a Nintendo Licensee so it's extremely unlikely that they have Wii development kits.  I also seem to remember having arguments about Nibris in which I said they were full of sh** and that Sadness will never be released, I still stand by those statements. 

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/12/31/a-look-back-through-time-sadness/

Like your thread?

Wii ware-Fatal Frame 4-Street Fighter 4-Sonic Unleashed-guitare hero 3-Disaster-wii fit-mario kart-Sadness-Games who actually use Wii Board...i dont know but,...it seem big enough for me.By the way,im a proud owner of P.E.S 2008  Wii and it kill all the other soccer game.

My Wii code:3553-1619-3236-0339

my Brawl Code:0860-2912-9428

albionus said:

Legend's video game preferences aside, bad news, to the extent Sadness being delayed or Nibris being a joke studio can be considerred bad news, is bad news regardless of the messanger.  I don't pay attention to Legend's threads beyond noticing the heavy 360 tilt to them but this isn't one to complain about.  The "2 posters on GAF say Mario Galaxy is short" thread on the other hand...

Read my edit: this isn't bad news because there's still no evidence it existed at all.

It's like posting a thread entitled "Wii VR Headset Development is having trouble".

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Legend11 said:

The following website has a pretty good timeline for Sadness.  What I find kind of strange is that Nibris isn't a Nintendo Licensee so it's extremely unlikely that they have Wii development kits.  I also seem to remember having arguments about Nibris in which I said they were full of sh** and that Sadness will never be released, I still stand by those statements. 

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/12/31/a-look-back-through-time-sadness/

Vaporware gets its imaginary release date pushed back. News at 11.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Wait a minute. The Wii VR Headset Development is having trouble???

That really is bad news!

Nintendo may as well just pack up shop.

Around the Network

http://nibris.net/

Vgchartz = Video...Charts

(On Machina request take off from my sign..........)

Yes, that website has been up for over a year now and hasn't been updated in about as long.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Sadness delayed

This can't be right. I see plenty of sadness in this thread alone.

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/01/03/nintendo-states-the-obvious-regarding-sadness/

new article

Vgchartz = Video...Charts

(On Machina request take off from my sign..........)

Ironically if they could ever get this game off the ground they would get a ton of attention for it...but I don't see that happening...ever...

To Each Man, Responsibility