By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Will Sony never learn?

YEAH, keep up the Anti-Sony posts!...

Lol... Just kiddin mods...

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

@staticneuron,

I can see where you’re coming from, and I was probably a little biased with my wording. It’s just frustrating when companies do this kind of thing, Sony, Toshiba, or whoever – they should all get a clue.

This is not only sonys problem actuly, the hunt for pirats the often hurts the customers. It can be annoying propaganda before movies you have bought (I really hate that, propaganda against that I shouldn't download movies, on the movie I bought!) or simply DRM that makes your CD/DVD useless.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

robjoh said:
This is not only sonys problem actuly, the hunt for pirats the often hurts the customers. It can be annoying propaganda before movies you have bought (I really hate that, propaganda against that I shouldn't download movies, on the movie I bought!) or simply DRM that makes your CD/DVD useless.

yeah! doesn't that add make you want to........ download a movie or two?

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

staticneuron said:
robjoh said:

yeah! doesn't that add make you want to........ download a movie or two?

It's called negative reinforcement. Instead of trying to force us not to pirate, they should offer us reasons to buy legitimately. The difference is less DRM, and more features and extras that are worth our money (and cheesy ROM content on a music CD doesn't count).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
staticneuron said:

I was refering to the title " Will sony never learn" and I was including the quotations to show that even though it was created by sony it wasn't implemented by Sony.

Back when people were complaing about the CSS encryption on dvd's you wouldn't see articles going "Damn you DVD CSA" but it was more aimed at the movie companies who implemented the encryption.

It's not that I don't know how to read it is just that bias permeates alot of articles thrown about these days. When people witchhunt they are bound to find something. Take for instance the battery recalls. the batch which involved the recall actually had only 4 incidents of the ones that contained sony batteries but within the period of 2004 to 2005 150,000 hp computers 128,000 apple computers, 250,000 fujitsu computers also had recalls but you don't see as much as a fuss over those news articles or 3rd party companies because either they are not well known or they have not been caught up in a console war in which people of every creed and color mount a slander campaign of immense proportions.

Edit: Ray you are absolutely right they should be put to be responsible for thier claims and the performance of their machines but what I am trying to say is that the article may or not be about Sony persay but it is used to push an agenda.

This problem occured with Sony DVDs with Sony DRM on Sony DVD players. How could this not be Sony's fault? 

Wow how much time are people spending to find Anti-Sony stuff? What are they supposed to learn? I wouold think when anything new comes out there will be bumps in the road. Sony made a product that enough studios were on board to use because the companies are being hurt by Piracy. If anyone is to blame it is the people that want to break the law and get pirated movies. I agree that it is the law abiding people that get hurt by the problem. So if Sony is supposed to learn if you're sitting back and being robbed don't do anything I do not think they will ever learn to do that. If you want them to learn how to fix the problem I am sure they will.

Just seems the title could have been will the Movie industry never learn. Since its not just Sony that use this technology. The fact is this must have been the best option out there for the studios that committed to using it.

NorthStar said:

Wow how much time are people spending to find Anti-Sony stuff? What are they supposed to learn? I wouold think when anything new comes out there will be bumps in the road. Sony made a product that enough studios were on board to use because the companies are being hurt by Piracy. If anyone is to blame it is the people that want to break the law and get pirated movies. I agree that it is the law abiding people that get hurt by the problem. So if Sony is supposed to learn if you're sitting back and being robbed don't do anything I do not think they will ever learn to do that. If you want them to learn how to fix the problem I am sure they will.

Just seems the title could have been will the Movie industry never learn. Since its not just Sony that use this technology. The fact is this must have been the best option out there for the studios that committed to using it.

The problem is that this technology did not stop pirates at all from copying. They are putting out DRM that doesn't even work, except to inconvenience legitimate customers. Sony of all companies should have it's act together, having gone through the rootkit fiasco. But they didn't, so they deserve to take the heat. 

Just for reference, Sony is now offering to replace your DVD if it doesn't work in your player:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070418-sony-to-replace-incompatible-dvds.html

Sony's still evil.  Just a little less so now. 

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

" "on less than one-thousandth of one percent of affected discs shipped,""

like I said.... witch hunt. 

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723