By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII-3 on the way

Hey if its a solid game I'll buy it, I enjoyed FFXIII a hell of alot and XIII-2 looks awesome so I won't complain if they make a third game.

That being said does seem silly they are revealing all these games and FFVersusXIII continues to be vaporware, I mean what the hell is wrong with that games development?

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
brendude13 said:

Give it a rest, Final Fantasy XIII-3 will most likely never come out.

Ever heard of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Halo ODST? It's the same thing that Square is doing right now, a sequel to a sequel, if you can pass Final Fantasy XIII off as a sequel in the first place.

my question is...why does it even matter? I don't buy games based on the number in the title, I buy them based off their quality.  Yeah, sometimes I tend to care more about sequels to games I liked, but that's usually a matter of continuity. 

With Final Fantasy, they're the same in theme and title only, each one is a completely new game, none of which take place in the same world.  Just because a game is called Final Fantasy XIII doesn't mean it's the 13th in that series (Well it does, but this is different), it just means that it's the 13th game with that name, and each one has the option to expand into something completely its own. 

Final Fantasy XIII has XIII, XIII-2, Type 0, and vsXIII
Final Fantasy XII has XII and XII: Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy XI has...too many to count (Expansion packs)
Final Fantasy X has X and X-2
Final Fantasy VII has VII, Crisis Core, and...seriously, I lost track.  Dirge of Cerberus is one, there's one for mobile phones, the movie....
Final Fantasy IV has IV, The After Years and Interlude

this isn't uncommon, each one has the option to branch out into more games.  I just wish they'd do something with VI, I'd love to see a remake of that with the graphics of IV on the PSP. 

If you feel the games are enjoyable it doesn't matter to be honest. It only matters to gamers that feel differently.  I honestly hope that FFXIII-2 turns out to be good. I don't like seeing a franchise I grew up enjoying slide into mediocrity.  Maybe it will be the opposite of X-2 and actually improve upon the initial game. I'm not holding my breath but I hope that is the case.

If I could go back and time and stop Sakaguchi from making that movie, things would have been much better in the jRPG world right now.

The merger effectively eliminated 80% of the jRPG competition. Everyone said that the merger would be great because it is combining the talents. But, I knew that this would happen.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

hatmoza said:
I'm starting to believe that Squeenix are not intentionally screwing their fans over like I initially thought, but that they have this ideal image of their fans in their heads that makes them genuinely believe they have an audience that adore them, and will accept everything they do.

so square enix =/= nintendo!

:P

FinalEvangelion said:
If I could go back and time and stop Sakaguchi from making that movie, things would have been much better in the jRPG world right now.

The merger effectively eliminated 80% of the jRPG competition. Everyone said that the merger would be great because it is combining the talents. But, I knew that this would happen.

Wish granted, now get to work man!

Around the Network

Crazy if true. FFXIII-2 isn't out yet and don't get me started on Versus XIII...

FinalEvangelion said:

The merger wasn't caused by the movie. In fact the movie delayed the merger that was already under discussion. Enix didn't want to be merging with a company that was losing money.

Considering it's title name the Final Fantasy series is one of the longest running, the PS1/PS2 era was probably the best.