By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Should Nato members have to respect one anothers alliances?

Should Nato prevent members from attacking each others allies?

Yes 17 48.57%

No 13 37.14%

Other (Explain in thread) 5 14.29%

Total:35

Israel would destroy turkey in a war especially sense they are backed by the US and UK.

Around the Network
GuiltySpartan77 said:
Israel would destroy turkey in a war especially sense they are backed by the US and UK.

Turkey is no Palestine or Iraq, their military capabilities are faaaar biger than both of them combined. They are successors of the biggest most power full muslim empire after all

Player1x3 said:
GuiltySpartan77 said:

Turkey is no Palestine or Iraq, their military capabilities are faaaar biger than both of them combined. They are successors of the biggest most power full muslim empire after all

Yeah, it'd be an interesting war... well assuming Israel doesn't go with the  "We have nukes" option... and i'm not sure the US would get involved outside of sanctions.

I'd think Turkey would actually win just by out "swarming" them.  They actually have a similar number of tanks and military aircrafts with the Israel ones being a bit better quality in both, but all the extra "small" tank busters and anti-aircraft missles would probably be the differnece maker, along with larger troops and no doubt uprisings in Palestine.

I mean, if Turkey were forced to land in israel via sea,  Israel might win, but i feel like Turkey would have no problem getting permission to move across the land through Syria and Lebanon.

Kasz216 said:
Player1x3 said:
GuiltySpartan77 said:

Yeah, it'd be an interesting war... well assuming Israel doesn't go with the  "We have nukes" option... and i'm not sure the US would get involved outside of sanctions.

I'd think Turkey would actually win just by out "swarming" them.  They actually have a similar number of tanks and military aircrafts with the Israel ones being a bit better quality in both, but all the extra "small" tank busters and anti-aircraft missles would probably be the differnece maker, along with larger troops and no doubt uprisings in Palestine.

I mean, if Turkey were forced to land in israel via sea,  Israel might win, but i feel like Turkey would have no problem getting permission to move across the land through Syria and Lebanon

It depends on the war aims. If Israel was fighting from being occupied then it would probably fight with more vigour + it has nukes. If it was just skimishes then at sea probably Turkey as they have a much bigger and more capable navy. I know Turkey has a much bigger army but that's not enough to defeat a state of the art defender. I can see the Israeli airforce winning the airwar and pounding the Turkish army which would lack effective aircover if they were to lose the airwar. Sure Israel would lose a lot of men and equipment but unless Turkey pulls a 'Yom Kippur' I doubt Israel would 'lose' the war and a ceasefire would be negotiated. Also Turkey doesn't have a big force projection capability, it's army was built around defending against the Russians and also battling Kurdish seperatists.

I doubt any other countries would get involved militarily though like you say Syria may allow Turkey to transit it's territory.

Still from a Generals pov it would be an interesting war as both are well trained and equipped to Western standards.

Badassbab said:
Kasz216 said:
Player1x3 said:
GuiltySpartan77 said:

I mean, if Turkey were forced to land in israel via sea,  Israel might win, but i feel like Turkey would have no problem getting permission to move across the land through Syria and Lebanon

It depends on the war aims. If Israel was fighting from being occupied then it would probably fight with more vigour + it has nukes. If it was just skimishes then at sea probably Turkey as they have a much bigger and more capable navy. I know Turkey has a much bigger army but that's not enough to defeat a state of the art defender. I can see the Israeli airforce winning the airwar and pounding the Turkish army which would lack effective aircover if they were to lose the airwar. Sure Israel would lose a lot of men and equipment but unless Turkey pulls a 'Yom Kippur' I doubt Israel would 'lose' the war and a ceasefire would be negotiated. Also Turkey doesn't have a big force projection capability, it's army was built around defending against the Russians and also battling Kurdish seperatists.

I doubt any other countries would get involved militarily though like you say Syria may allow Turkey to transit it's territory.

Still from a Generals pov it would be an interesting war as both are well trained and equipped to Western standards.

I was working off a Turkish invasion.

I could see the Turkish Navy being able to cause some trouble to the Israeli air force actually, I believe their ships have some good anti-aicraft capabilties and they could basically shell Israeli airbases constantly.  It would take a three way split to work though, Bombardment through the sea, infantry from the north and airpower from the sky, to split up the Israeli airforce enough to work though.

Then again I wonder what kind of protection Turkey really has against the modern missles of Israel.

It would be interesting because we only really have vague ideas on what's important in a modern war between two near equals.

Horrifying... but interesting.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Badassbab said:
Kasz216 said:
Player1x3 said:
GuiltySpartan77 said:

I could see the Turkish Navy being able to cause some trouble to the Israeli air force actually, I believe their ships have some good anti-aicraft capabilties and they could basically shell Israeli airbases constantly.  It would take a three way split to work though, Bombardment through the sea, infantry from the north and airpower from the sky, to split up the Israeli airforce enough to work though.

Then again I wonder what kind of protection Turkey really has against the modern missles of Israel.

It would be interesting because we only really have vague ideas on what's important in a modern war between two near equals.

Ha, not as interesting as India vs. Chia, or USA vs. Russia

Player1x3 said:
Kasz216 said:
Badassbab said:
Kasz216 said:
Player1x3 said:
GuiltySpartan77 said:

i dont see how usa vs russia would be very interesting.  russia cant compete and would have to resort to threats of nuclear war pretty quickly.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Player1x3 said:
Kasz216 said:
Badassbab said:
Kasz216 said:
Player1x3 said:
GuiltySpartan77 said:

US Vs Russa?

The US has 9 times the aircraft as Russia, and they're a step ahead technology wise... and even when the T-50 is ready for more production it's not quite in the league as the US planes.

The US also has 10 times the Navy, and an even more advanced navy, meaning what few Naval ports Russia has, will be blockaded pretty eaisly, and... the armies are about even.  It'd just be a matter of US ground forces being supported by planes and the US 11 cariers...

Then you take into account the US has a slight military numbers advantage, larger population, larger military reserves and larger economy....

India vs China... I don't know enough about Indian Technology.  I wouldn't expect a landwar vs china to go well, when your right on the border though.

Player1x3 said:
Kasz216 said:
Badassbab said:
Kasz216 said:
Player1x3 said:
GuiltySpartan77 said:

USSR vs USA would've been a bit more even but nowadays USA all the way bar nukes. Russia will be able to sink a few ships and down some aircrafts and jam some cruise missiles before being routed. Though it has to be said a lot of the US military is spread out around the world.

India vs China....last skirmish they had back in the 60's China easily won. Nowadays I suspect it would probably still turn out the same.

Kasz216 said:
Player1x3 said:

US Vs Russa?

The US has 9 times the aircraft as Russia, and they're a step ahead technology wise... and even when the T-50 is ready for more production it's not quite in the league as the US planes.

Ahem...

Combat aircraft (2010 figures):

US 2970 --> mostly F16, F15 and A10

China 2344 --> mostly Q5, J7, J11

Russia 1509 --> mostly SU24/25/27/30/35 and MIG29/31

F15 and F16 are not a step ahead technology wise... F18 and F117 were a flop and were retired.