By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Was Xenoblade's release in Europe preparation for it's American release?

Xenoblade was released in Europe recently. The game has been said to be undershelved. Could this be in order to help create a buzz of demand for the game? Maybe. It's not important. What's important is that I believe NoA might be using the European release to hype the game here in the west.

My main reason for thinking this is the rise in advertising and appearances on gaming websites like IGN that Xenoblade Chronicles has taken on recently. Also, and most importantly, the display of the game on the Wii's Metacritic page. This seems like not a big deal, but a site like Metacritic gets a lot of traffic every day and the Wii hasn't seen a 90+ game in a long while.

Of course I could just be completely off and maybe this is all just a bunch of rubbish! Food for thought.

Around the Network
Thechalkblock said:

Xenoblade was released in Europe recently. The game has been said to be undershelved. Could this be in order to help create a buzz of demand for the game? Maybe. It's not important. What's important is that I believe NoA might be using the European release to hype the game here in the west.

My main reason for believing this is the rise in advertising and appearances on gaming websites like IGN that Xenoblade Chronicles has taken on recently. Also, and most importantly, the display of the game on the Wii's Metacritic page. This seems like not a big deal, but a site like Metacritic gets a lot of traffic every day and the Wii hasn't seen a 90+ game in a long while.

Of course I could just be completely off and maybe this is all just a bunch of rubbish! Food for thought.

Stop making excuses for Nintendo, especially NOA.

I doubt it heavily.

I think some people are in denial about how shit NoA are

pezus said:
Are you suggesting that European users do not visit the sites you named?

I'm am not, but I am suggesting that localizing to the Americas is probably generally easier than to Europe as there is a lot less languages to worry about so hype could be easier to control/manipulate for the Americas

Around the Network
MrT-Tar said:
I think some people are in denial about how shit NoA are

It is true that I don't know just how horrible NoA is; care to elaborate? I'd like to have a better idea

No. Reggie and NOA does not care about its gamers.

Galaki said:
Thechalkblock said:

My main reason for believing this is the rise in advertising and appearances on gaming websites like IGN that Xenoblade Chronicles has taken on recently. Also, and most importantly, the display of the game on the Wii's Metacritic page. This seems like not a big deal, but a site like Metacritic gets a lot of traffic every day and the Wii hasn't seen a 90+ game in a long while.

Stop making excuses for Nintendo, especially NOA.

I'm not defending Nintendo, just speculuating what their reasons are.

RolStoppable said:
I am sorry to say it, but this is a bunch of rubbish.

I'm not surprised haha; care to tell me what you think about the whole predicament?

Intendo21 said:
No. Reggie and NOA does not care about its gamers.

But they do care about money, and wouldn't any kind of hype increase their chances of making more?