By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - 910,000 PS3s in Europe? I don't think so...

I did mean to put that in , however it was my post in another topic . I never take anything serious in forums and i love a wind up . My apologies if you took me seriously i enjoy all the banter though wish people wouldnt be so obsessed about other console sales .

Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

Around the Network

I didnt expect it to have sold 800k i though closer to 500k so im very pleased , i think the wii and x360 sales in the uk arent great either though at least the wii has limited availability though i wished that would change to see how many above the gc figure it goes . Once all the GC people have wii consoles then i will see the improvement and judge it then .

Gamer till I die

Hello! How many Xbox 360 and wii have been sold this week end in U.K please? Thanks you.

jmcoo7 said:
I didnt expect it to have sold 800k i though closer to 500k so im very pleased , i think the wii and x360 sales in the uk arent great either though at least the wii has limited availability though i wished that would change to see how many above the gc figure it goes . Once all the GC people have wii consoles then i will see the improvement and judge it then .
Xbox and GCfans is the first people to buy new console because those consoles died a year ago. The ps2 owners dont need to buy new consoles now, specially in Europe we got Okami and FFXII in Februari and GOWII is coming in may. All of my GC friends have Wii and only one of my ps2 friends have ps3 the rest is waiting for price drops and games.

yaskar said:

Hello! How many Xbox 360 and wii have been sold this week end in U.K please? Thanks you.

Between 10-12 k this week

Gamer till I die

Around the Network
Yojimbo said:
jmcoo7 said:
Xbox and GCfans is the first people to buy new console because those consoles died a year ago. The ps2 owners dont need to buy new consoles now, specially in Europe we got Okami and FFXII in Februari and GOWII is coming in may. All of my GC friends have Wii and only one of my ps2 friends have ps3 the rest is waiting for price drops and games.

I think this point is highly underrated. There's a ton of very satisfied PS2 owners out there who see absolutely no reason to upgrade their system. Obviously most of 'em aren't gonna blindly jump onto the PS3 train, but I think a lot of them will this Christmas season when they've finally caught up on the great PS2 titles and are ready to play MGS4 and the many other exclusives and multiplatform games.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

jman8 said:
Yojimbo said:
jmcoo7 said:

I think this point is highly underrated. There's a ton of very satisfied PS2 owners out there who see absolutely no reason to upgrade their system. Obviously most of 'em aren't gonna blindly jump onto the PS3 train, but I think a lot of them will this Christmas season when they've finally caught up on the great PS2 titles and are ready to play MGS4 and the many other exclusives and multiplatform games.

That is exactly what is happeing with me. I have plenty of games left to play on a PS2 so no need to upgrade. 

Also the fact that someone tries hard to find lower numbers for the PS3 really says something about them

Pearl ,you are trying to make a mountain out of some grains of salt .Stringer words have in many ocassions been proven to be totally out of reality as not updated since some time .He has told they were just  ramping up production weeks later Hirai told so ,etc .This kind of making numbers in base of approximations is useless .In any case even if the 800K number was correct and recently updated you would have to add the Australian numbers (27K first weekend plus the three weeks after that ) ,the New Zealand ones (8K first days plus succesive sales ) and the rest of the Pal territory .The 910K number seems correct ,maybe even a little low .

Dude, Australia wasn't 27k first weekend, it was first 10 days, which means it was TWO weekends, so the first three days and the week after that... launch week numbers were under 21k and LTD it has just cracked 30k in Aus.

lol why is there another thread about this>??? and why is everyone responding to this>>?? there has already been 3 threads up today about this... im gonna say the same thing i said in the other one... europe is not the only thing in others

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament