By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August NPD: X360 #1 308k, 3DS 235k+, Wii 190k+, DS 165k+ Deus Ex #1

I like how you completely ignore/skip over the PS3 in the title. Nice stealth trolling.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
I like how you completely ignore/skip over the PS3 in the title. Nice stealth trolling.

Seriously? Sony is the ONLY company who didn't actually release numbers for their systems. MS and Nintendo both released HW numbers for all of their systems and the PS3 number sold number was calculated based upon PR statements of how much a console sold. All of the numbers in the title are verified numbers that were released.

If Sony had actually said PS3 sold so and so, PSP sold so and so, then I"m sure the OP would have put them in the title as well.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

VGKing said:

No I simply forgot, they were released sometime after Wii and X360.

I dunno who's alt you are but you're pretty judgemental for a 'new user'.

Seece said:
VGKing said:

No offence, but;

You say you forgot, but your posthistory says screams otherwise.

I rarely see you posting anything positive when you speak of the PS3.

I rarely see you posting anything negative when you speak of the X360 (which is obviously your favourite console).

You always come with YOY data (thanks for that!), but I never (I'm not new, just recently more active) saw a positive comment on the PS3 with those numbers.

Why make such a topic if you can't be objective even when you should with a topic like this?

ps I'm 100 percent pro-Sony, but I don't interfere with X360-discussions unless they contain lies, false claims etc etc when speaking of the PS3.

VGKing said:

How is it trolling in any way?

Around the Network
JackyGoal said:
Seece said:
VGKing said:

No offence, but;

No it doesn't, I didn't say I didn't see PS3 numbers, just that I forgot to update the Title

That's because I don't own one, I rarely speak negative of it either (just its fans )

I rarely see you posting anything negative when you speak of the X360 (which is obviously your favourite console).

Yeah it is, and you're right I don't, what's your point?

You always come with YOY data (thanks for that!), but I never (I'm not new, just recently more active) saw a positive comment on the PS3 with those numbers.

Why make such a topic if you can't be objective even when you should with a topic like this?

Again, I forgot.

ps I'm 100 percent pro-Sony, but I don't interfere with X360-discussions unless they contain lies, false claims etc etc when speaking of the PS3.

I don't give a hoot what you are or what you do, stink of another alt to me.

Hope that clears that up.

Darth Tigris said:

I didn't feel like I was skewwing.  I was just comparing the closest models (I actually messed up, the $500 PS3 had a 20g HD just like the Premium 360).  Plus, since we're talking about the PS2 core here, it's a matter of record that the Premium 360 model sold more than the Core (aka, "gimped" version).  I could never find anything to tell which PS3 model was the bigger seller, but those that bought the 20g had the same experience overall as those that bought the 60g.  You can't say that about the Core 360.  I still think it stands as a valid comparison.

In addition, you can't ignore the other factors I mentioned.  It wasn't JUST price.

Yes, closest pricewise, which is skewing.  And can you post links to these records that show that, at launch, the Premium sold more than the Core model?  Also, the only real difference between the Core and the Premium 360 that actually affected the console was the 20GB HDD that came with the Core model.  The other added bonuses were just accessories, i.e. headset, component cable, and remote.  The 20GB PS3 was actually more gimped in comparison to the PS3 60GB, as it had a smaller HDD, no Wi-Fi, no card readers, and if memory serves me right, wasn't 100% BC with the PS2.  In terms of sales, Sony discontinued the 20GB discontinued in America because they stated that demand for the PS3 was "upwards of 90 percent in favor of the 60GB."

JackyGoal said:

No offence, but;

Seriously? Man the paranoia amongst some Sony fans is ridiculous.