By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (Rumor) Famitsu had a sneak peak at Nintendo 3DS peripheral (dual analog)

padib said:
OMLand it looks like a Wii-U controller of sorts.

Second Wii-U pad confirmed. Well, almost...now we need the new pheripheral for L2 and R2.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

ok it looks ugly but if it make the game more fun and easier to play then fine with me.

wow if MHtriG come out at the end of this year when Vita is coming :O nice strategy Nintendo. i wonder if vita or 3DS will sell more at that time!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Joelcool7 said:

I'm both pissed and relieved.

I'm pissed that this upgrade will be made at all. Its bulky and unattractive, the analog stick is way to high and too close to the face buttons to be of much use. The second R button sounds pretty cool but with the bulk of the add on I think it will feel unnatural. I'm guessing one of Nintendo's prototypes had two analog sticks and a second R trigger. Nintendo probably tossed the design to go with the 3DS we know today. They are simply going back and taking back that design.

I'm relieved that this isn't an entirely new model coming out this winter or early next year. Though I think it does confirm the next model will include a second joy stick as well as a second R trigger. At least this way they are giving early adopters a way to play the new games in the meantime preparing the next model.

In the end I am regretting my purchase. If I had known Nintendo would launch a new model in 2012 which is almost undeniable. Then I would not have bought the origional. I just hope that this accessory comes free with every game that uses it. That way it won't cost us early adopters any more cash until the next model comes out!

I am actually happy they chose to have it up there! Do you know how hard it is to use a slide pad that is under the buttons? Well I tried it and it feels really bad! You should try it yourself just play around with your thumb down there and you will see what I mean.

padib said:
Pavolink said:
padib said:
OMLand it looks like a Wii-U controller of sorts.

Second Wii-U pad confirmed. Well, almost...now we need the new pheripheral for L2 and R2.

Actually yeah they'll need a second peripheral just for L2 O-). R2 is packaged with this monster. lol

Problem is that this...thing...makes unusable the R button on the 3DS back, that's the reason for the back button on this...thing...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

MaxwellGT2000 said:

*sigh* I've avoided posting lately but it seems no one else is doing it so I will...

I love Tri, I love the water battles, the second analog is obviously for said water battles, thus I'll get both and not really worried about some redesign or how the attachment messes with the 3DS' feng shui, just really glad to have a portable version confirmed that will actually have all of the Wii content, and if games choose to support the attachment later, woohoo for me I'll have one, if not I won't feel betrayed one way or the other, just sounds like everyone getting in a huff over nothing as per usual... if there's a remodel, if it comes on an XL 3DS I say bring it on, it'll be a year probably year and a half since the original model, I'll upgrade and nothing to feel betrayed about >_>

I'm sort of in the same boat. When Tri came out last year in August I was one of those guys who bought the game pretty quickly... but it was also a very hectic part of my life and I just didn't have time to sit down and really put some time into playing games, so Tri was neglected and returned some months later (in the end I played around... 6 hours of the game).

So I think I'd enjoy the game more as a portable game, so I can just sit down and play it wherever I like. So yes, I'll be getting it if it releases over here in the West.

As for this add-on... I'm not bothered by it. I need more information to come out though. I wish they would have just kept it a secret until the 13th though... so they could properly explain its function in the bigger picture.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
What on earth are they thinking? This will become a fiasco of epic proportions.

i agree this is madness, who is going to buy that thing they should have included 2 sticks from launch, they have launched to early already dropped price and have little on software side, imo they should have waited

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Wagram said:
That looks so uncomfortable to use.

Actually it looks way more comfortable than using the 3DS alone!

I will probably be using this even if the game does not require it :D

MrT-Tar said:
I don't think that it looks that uncomfortable,

The reason that this is lol-worthy is that it is hardly portable and won't actually fit in my 3DS (and probably everyone else's) case.

The funny thing is that even with this add on it will probably be smaller than PSvita ;) :P

does anyone not think how cool a single touch 3d screen model would be with 2 control sticks/pads, launching as gameboy 3D - thats what i would have preferred to see

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Nintendo is turning the 3DS' first year into a disaster.
JUST LEAVE THE HARDWARE ALONE AND RELEASE SOME GAMES.