By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Time to settle this - MW3 vs BF3

Which will YOU be buying?

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 32 21.33%

Battlefield 3 70 46.67%

Both 16 10.67%

Neither 31 20.67%

Total:149

I just read an article trying to convince people that the new Battlefield will sell more than CoDMW3 this year.

I am almost certain that this isn't true, and if enough people respond to this poll, maybe we can get an insight as to how many each will sell as a percentage of the other.

Unlike most threads, the real discussion point here is the poll results. Please don't corrupt the poll results by voting against your least favourite franchise if you're planning on buying neither of them.

Please vote!

Note: This isn't a discussion about quality/review scores (I personally prefer the Battlefield franchise), rather the number of people on VGC that will be buying each game.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

This wont settle anything though.

Modern Warfare 3 here... not a big fan of Battlefield series.

Anyway... I guess most people may choose MW3 over Battlefield... Battlefield is not the kind of game that appeals for everyone.

Sales wise MW3 will destroy battlefield. Its not conclusive which will be the better game, I and many others on these forums are looking forward to Battlefield. Those same people would tell you that Battlefield will be the better game.

I think Lifetime sales in the end will show the combined totals of battlefield 3 selling 60% of MW3.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

I will buy BF3. I believe it will sell at least 12 million and eat into MW3's sales.

I never liked COD. Always liked Battlefield.

Around the Network

The number of users on this site that will buy BF3 are going to far outnumber those that buy MW3.

pezus said:
ultraslick said:
Sales wise MW3 will destroy battlefield. Its not conclusive which will be the better game, I and many others on these forums are looking forward to Battlefield. Those same people would tell you that Battlefield will be the better game.

I think Lifetime sales in the end will show the combined totals of battlefield 3 selling 60% of MW3.

Yup, that would be very good results for BF3, and very possible if EA doesn't pull "an Activision " and starts releasing BF games with only a year between them.

But that's the thing.  Now Activision HAS to release CoD every year to keep people from realizing that BF is an awesome game.  EA HAS to release BF every year to keep up with CoD.  Neither can afford to let the other have a year without competition.

BF3 will probably murder MW3 on here.

thanks to EA PR...MW3 will be bought first..but even then it will be bought much much later

Uncharted 3 will have all my free time for a long long time

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Which one will sell more? Based on the performance of past COD games and based on current pre-order data I can say with 100% certainty that MW3 will outsell BF3 at least 2:1 lifetime.

I am getting MW3 as I am STILL playing Black Ops.