By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Name the Wii U something new

gumby_trucker said:

This has already been suggested but not in this context: The Wu - not as an abbreviation, but as the official name.
It requires minimal change to the current name, would still remind consumers of the Wii, but is also open to some much more badass ("hardcore"?) interpretations.
Think: Wushu, Wu wei, Wu tang clan, Wu xia, etc.

Seeing as many of these terms come from the world of martial arts, it could be Nintendo's way of saying that "motion gaming has gone hardcore!".
It could also signify the return of the east to a leading position in the gaming industry (assuming that actually happens )
If the west continues to dominate, it could instead be backronymed to mean "World Unite"!

This may be a bad time to tell you but  Wu Tang Clan ain't nothin' to fuck wit.

You brought that on yourself.

Around the Network

The Nintendo, Why!?

How about "wii 2" = the "ii" becomes roman numerals meaning "2"

d21lewis said:
gumby_trucker said:

This has already been suggested but not in this context: The Wu - not as an abbreviation, but as the official name.
It requires minimal change to the current name, would still remind consumers of the Wii, but is also open to some much more badass ("hardcore"?) interpretations.
Think: Wushu, Wu wei, Wu tang clan, Wu xia, etc.

Seeing as many of these terms come from the world of martial arts, it could be Nintendo's way of saying that "motion gaming has gone hardcore!".
It could also signify the return of the east to a leading position in the gaming industry (assuming that actually happens )
If the west continues to dominate, it could instead be backronymed to mean "World Unite"!

This may be a bad time to tell you but  Wu Tang Clan ain't nothin' to fuck wit.

You brought that on yourself.

Looks like you just found us our first commercial for the console!

It even makes sense! No more waggle=no masturbation games=nothin to fuck wit

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

d21lewis said:
The Nintendo, Why!?

I like it!

And I'm afraid we may end using this quite a lot.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.