By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dolphin 3.0 Wii/Gamecube Emulator (7719 build) is awesome

Gnac said:
brendude13 said:

You are right, I did get one thing wrong, you can't download the ROM / ISO, you have to play it directly or dump it yourself.

You can't even do that in some countries, since it constitutes copyright infringement - making copies of intellectual property without permission.

Isn't that OK as long as you don't sell it on?

I've heard that if you own a genuine copy then you are allowed to own illegal copies too.

Anyway, as long at it isn't cartridge based, you can play the game directly.

Around the Network

I need to change my P4.

Nice. I don't like the graphics of wii games, this is good for me. Now I don't even need a wii to play Xenoblade. Haha.

disolitude said:

The question is why can't Nintendo give us something this cool next gen on WiiU? You don't need a crazy GPU or CPU to run this...

The question still stands.

Even if the WiiU CPU is underpowered I guess it would be easily capable of playing any Wii game at 1080p 60fps.

Around the Network

Can someone do more comparison pics between wii and emulator versions please?

babuks said:
Can someone do more comparison pics between wii and emulator versions please?

Seconded.

(just for reference, there are incredible videos on youtube too)

http://www.consolewars.de/messageboard/showthread.php/73071-Wii-Games-in-High-Res-Sammelthread

I don´t know if someone already posted this link, but there are some very nice screenshots in the thread.

i wouldn't be surprised if the emulator was able to run wiiu-isos in about 2 years - fail0verflow is already at the wiiu and the specs from wiiu seem quite similar to gc/wii.

zero129 said:
walsufnir said:
i wouldn't be surprised if the emulator was able to run wiiu-isos in about 2 years - fail0verflow is already at the wiiu and the specs from wiiu seem quite similar to gc/wii.

Somehow i expect the 360 to be emulated before the Wiiu or the PS3.

And i dont expect a working emu for any of them 3 consoles in the next 2 years.

4+ Years id say it will take us to start seeing them consoles being emulated in a state that games can be run.

the 360? well, there isn't even an emulator (a good working one...) for the first xbox so i highly doubt this will ever exist. ps3 is even far more out of reach - the security-system is down but it will be quite impossible to emulate the spe's - most probably no one will ever do the work.

the wiiu seems to be very close to its predecessors so why not? perhaps the isa is different but i think they added not very much new opcodes. the gpu could be problematic but we will see how hackers will open this, too. the thing is: a whole lot of work is already done.

but still: even if it's possible no one knows at what speed it would run...